Sunday School: A General Study (Part 8)

  • Very Rev Thomas P Mundukuzhy CorEpiscopa
    Message 1 of 1502 , Sep 20, 2003
      SUNDAY SCHOOL: A GENERAL STUDY

      Part 8

      "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he
      is old, he will not depart from it." (Proverbs 22:6).
      The first question a child asks is: "Why?". When a
      child makes its first step, we are all happy. But when
      starts running and yelling, we finally say "shut up."
      Teach them when they are young: Who is God? Love: John
      3:16; 1 John 4:8
      Who we are? Children of God: John 1:12
      What is the purpose of our life? Witness (Acts)
      Teach the importance of ACTS: A: Adoration; C:
      Confession; T: Thanksgiving; S: Supplication. "Life is
      an egg, do not break it, but hatch it." Teach them
      three beautiful words: "I love you"; three difficult
      words: "I forgive you"; and another difficult word:
      "No" at times. One needs courage and strength to use
      the three royal refuses: (1) David refused to put on
      the armor (1 Samuel 17:38-39); (2) Daniel refused
      king's table to eat meat (Daniel 1:8); Jesus refused
      king's crown (John 6:13).

      A child's mind is very sensitive - inquisitiveness.
      Have the child nearby during family prayer and at
      worship services. A child is greatly swayed by
      instincts. Hereditary in the blood runs in the family.
      The story of Laban, Jacob, and spotted and stripped
      lamb (Genesis 30:32-43) is a good example. Family life
      and environment shall be ideal. Have Bible reading,
      prayer life, church going all together. Train them to
      swim against the waves. Jesus considers children as an
      integral part of the Church:
      1. Jesus called a child and set him in the midst of
      them (Matthew 18:2): Central position.
      2. Turn around (convert) and become like a child:
      Matthew 18:3.
      3. Jesus to disciples: "You do not despise these
      children" (Matthew 18:10).
      4. Told to allow little children to come to Him: Mark
      10:4.
      5. Jesus blessed the children.
      6. "Feed the lamb": Jesus told Peter : John 21:15.
      The child is the Father of Man.

      To be contd.... Part 9

      + Very Rev Thomas P Mundukuzhy, CorEpiscopa
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 1502 of 1502 , Oct 1, 2004
        Dear members

        In our Lords Love