Sunday School: A General Study (Part 7)

  • Very Rev Thomas P Mundukuzhy CorEpiscopa
    Message 1 of 1502 , Sep 20, 2003
      SUNDAY SCHOOL: A GENERAL STUDY

      Part 7

      Children: Children learn about God from environments -
      family, friends, school, etc. It helps children to
      grow if they learn that there exists an all-powerful
      and protective God who provides them an enormous sense
      of security. "A child is a mystery and a shut-casket
      of immense possibilities." "How do you know the fruit
      is ripe? When it leaves the bunch" (Andre' Gide).
      "Every child born into the world is a new thought of
      God, an ever-fresh and radiant possibility" (Kate
      Wiggin). Children reinvent your world for you." (Susan
      Sarandon). A child depends everything on his/her
      parents. Children have firm faith in them; no worries
      or burden. They know that their parents have
      everything. They have pure hearts; no cheating or
      treachery; their obedience and complete submission and
      surrender. Children are angels .. at least most of
      them... their appearances, behavior and attitude. At
      Jesus' birth, the angels proclaimed the message:
      "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good
      will toward men" (Luke 2:14). At Christ's death, they
      sang: "Holy art thou, O God." Angels are messengers.
      They listen, obey, and perform. Like children, they
      are the extension of God's love. They are instruments
      of judgments. We do not worship them (Colossians 2:18;
      Revelation 19:10). They watch, guide, reveal, praise,
      provide, and protect. Children have angels (Matthew
      18:10).

      Children, when they are in first grade, talk about
      them like "my dad, nose, eyes" etc.; in second grade
      about their parents, "my dad, mummy"; in third grade
      about the town, village, or city; in fourth grade
      about the county; 5th grade about their state; sixth
      grade and seventh about their country and by eighth
      grade about the world. When they become a teenager,
      all these change into a new spectrum. So also their
      conception about their parents also change: At four, a
      child thinks that daddy can do anything; at seven,
      daddy knows a whole lot of things; at eight, daddy
      doesn't know quite everything; at twelve, oh, well,
      naturally father doesn't know that either; at
      fourteen, father is hopelessly old-fashioned; at
      twenty one, that man is out of date; at twenty five,
      he knows a little bit about it, but not much; at
      thirty, may be it is better to find out what dad
      thinks; at thirty five, try to get dad's assessment
      before do anything; at fifty, dad was pretty smart and
      wonder what he would have thought about that; at
      sixty, dad knew absolutely everything; and at sixty
      five, "I'd give anything if dad were here so I could
      talk this over with him; I really miss my dad."

      To be contd... Part 8

      +Very Rev Thomas P Mundukuzhy, CorEpiscopa
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 1502 of 1502 , Oct 1, 2004
        Dear members

        In our Lords Love