Re: Addressing an excommunicated priest (Reply to Mr. Biju Varghese)

  • Varugese C J
    Message 1 of 1502 , Sep 2, 2003
      Dear all,

      This has reference to Mr. Biju Varghese's reply posting
      (20 Sep. 2003) in Digest Number 687.

      Mr. Biju, you look with one eye closed, and hence you feel
      hurt and think that whatever expressions made by true JSO
      believers are absurd and unwanted. Our Moran (HH Zaka-I,
      the Prince Patriarch of Antioch and all the East) have
      got the authority to strip anybody his Chuurch, whom HH and
      the Synod felt. This authority is not given or assumed not
      by Himself, it has been bestowed upon Him by our Saviour
      JESUS Christ, by virtue of his succession of the throne of
      St. Peter, the Shepherd, whom the authority to look after
      the sheeps, and the founder of the only and one Church in
      the world. According to our belief, ours is the only Church
      got this distinction.

      So dear Mr. Biju, once our Moran excommunicated or striped
      somebody from his accession of priesthood would not be a priest
      at all, and we believe that then he will be merely a layman only,
      and hence while mentioning their names and addressing them we
      do not have to give any reverence to such people. If some of
      us give some respect to such people and their church is only
      under humanitarian grounds. We will not accept anybody on the
      grounds that he recites the creed, or reciting the Qurbana
      (he is merely reciting the thaksa, not celebrating the Holy
      Qurbana), and hence we will not allow any such fellow to enter
      our church. You are very much agitated in calling such people
      some names. Where were you, when some Cyril Ramban call our
      HH Moran as an Arabi (in one of its editorials in the IOC's
      Malankara Sabha Deepam). Such addressing by an IOC Ramban will
      not catch your eyes, because you look at things with one eye
      closed. The IOC leadership is having only one agenda, the yoke
      of an Arabi is not acceptable, and a section of poor layman
      believe their leaders, not knowing that they are bowing their
      heads to these opportunitistics to put more heavy yoke under
      which the coming generations will have to be crushed. They are
      submitting their true freedom, which the Malankara Church was
      enjoying (the pure democratic way of approoch and governance
      in our individual church was even aclaimed by the foreigners).

      You may please look into the Old Testament, how the united
      Israelites split into two after Solomon. You will find that the
      elders approach the successor to reduce their hardship little
      bit, but the wrong advisors to the then King gave an answer,
      which was so much hurting to the people, and hence they decided
      to part with the descendent of David. and hence the Israelites
      split into 2+10, and become two different kingdoms.

      More with next postings.
      With prayers,
      CJ Varughese
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com