Re: Malankara Church Disputes (Dn. George Mathew)

  • Varugese C J
    Message 1 of 1502 , Aug 31, 2003
      Dear Dr. George Mathew,

      This refers to your to my personal views on the current
      Malankara Church disputes.

      It was not my intention to disgrace the Almighty God. Now
      only God can save the Malankara Church. Not by few people,
      who will rise from among both the factions. The Church history
      of late 60's taught us a lesson.

      Dear Deacon, will you remember, the successor of St. Peter, late
      HH Yakob III, Prince Patriarch of Antioch and all the East, came
      personally to end the decades long crisis of then Malankara Charch
      in early 60's. Why was it not a peace at all for the generations to
      come? Who drifted away from the peace package? Was HH did not accept
      Augen and his fellow metropolitans without any pre-conditions? What
      was there ultimate aim in torpedoing that peace initiative within a
      short time? The Jackales under the sheeps skin came out immediately,
      and started to show its true colours.

      We, the descendents of St. Peter, the TRUE SYRIAN ORTHODOX faithfulls,
      some time react very sharply like St. Peter himself, drawing the sword
      and cut the ears of the High Priest's attendant. To save his Master
      St. Peter reacted swiftly. Likewise the history taught us the True
      Syrian Orthodox believers to react sharply, (not only verbaly, but
      sometime physically also) it is not because we do not believe in God.
      We are mere humans, and we do believe that our God is great enough
      to forgive us.

      How much one can bear, somebody sitting on your shoulder and biting
      your own ears continuously. Can you bear it Deacon. In that sense
      i might have used the words about preaching and practising. Preacher
      is always in a high place and behind a podium, standing away from
      reality. If there is a brickbating, the preacher can very well hide
      behind the podium, whereas the poor fellow in the audience would have
      to bear the brunts, and sometime to take something in his hand to
      defend himself. You are saying all these in a high place, behind a
      podium, and you know that you can hide behind the podium, if something
      go wrong. Can you come out from behind the podium, and taste the true
      real life, deacon.

      God could have made man just by a word. Instead HE made the man from
      dust, filled with his own life, Why? JESUS could have healed the blind
      by a word, instead he mixed the dust with his own saliva, and applied
      it on his closed eyes, why? will you please explain dear Deacon. JESUS
      himself got angry with Peter, and asked "Leave me Satan". why? Thousands
      of poor Isralites were killed by plague, fire and snake bites, why? Why
      did St. Paul agreed to hide in a basket for escaping from the Jail? Why
      did child Jesus argue with the learned and High Priests inside the
      Jerusalem Church? Why did angry Jesus beat the merchants inside the
      Jerusalen Church? Dear Deacon George, this time I expect a reply from
      you soon.

      This is to request my SOC-FORUM colleages to bear with me in my outburst.
      These are all to enliven the FORUM discussion, and hence i hope all you
      will enjoy it.

      With prayers, and seeking mercy of our GOD,

      Yours's in Christ,
      CJ Varughese
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 1502 of 1502 , Oct 1, 2004