Re: The Church - the body of Jesus

  • Varugese C J
    Message 1 of 1502 , Aug 21, 2003
      > Message: 5
      > Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 11:25:04 +0100 (BST)
      > From: Dr.GeorgeK John
      > Subject: Re: The Church - the body of Jesus

      Dear SOC Members,

      This refers to Dr. George K John's mail on the subject
      "The Church - the body of Jesus".

      While partly agreeing to Dr. John's message, largely I will
      have to disagree. Dr.George, you were wrong in comparing the
      different churches as different organs of the body (Church)
      as JESUS head. As JESUS once told to his disciples you are
      also thinking only in worldily manner. Though it is nice to
      think in a larger view point, one should not compromise on
      one's faith and belief. We, the Syrian Orthodox were too good
      and humane in nature to other Churches, and hence we are
      suffering too much. No other church in the world never
      undergone such bad experiences and backlashes. Always our church
      was at the receiving end, and hence in numerical count we are
      lagging behind. Our church never tried to adjust with the demands
      of diluting the basic tenets of our belief, as compared to other
      churches. Can you find any change in our faith while comparing with
      the Great Nichean Sunnahadose time. In 5th century AD, for what
      St. Yakoob Burdana stood for keeping the flocks of then Syrian
      Orthodox (and hence the followers were called Jacobites), the same
      way another chosen one, the Beatitude Thomas-I is struggling of keep
      his flocks with the true faith. Even after 15 centuries, the true
      believers are persecuted, dragged to unnecessary court cases,
      facing tremendous mental and physical strains. Why? because we
      stand for the truth.... Dear Dr. George, we are fortunate to be a
      member of the Syrian Orthodox, because there is a final word from
      our SAVIOUR, "Avasanatholam Sahichhu Nilkunnavan Bhagyawan". We might
      be lagging behind with other churches in so many counts (power, backing
      from the rulers, number of churches etc. etc.). Why? because we are the
      successors of the forefathers of the same faith, same thinking (without
      diluting with anything comprimising to the worldly favours).

      Let me conclude that we can be too human, love our enemies, but not to
      make any comprise on our FAITH. I remember "ITHU VISWASATHINTE KARYAM"
      ... So let us think about our church, our faith, that is the need of
      the hour.

      With prayers,
      CJ Varughese
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com