Priest hood

  • V Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2002
      Dear All members of the forum,

      In this column one has indicated that st.Thomas has made bishops in Kerala.
      Let us look at the Christian faith as per Bible.It is believed that Christ
      is priest in the order
      of Malkizadek.And he gave the same to all his diciples.And through Mamodisa
      all of us attain this.
      A song to this meaning we sing every sunday.
      Modern preisthood came later as a practice or profession.It might have even
      started first as church elders,then
      priests,high priests-- bishops etc.
      Hence to say St.Thomas made Bishops is Kerala is just not history.If I call
      Ammumma Katha
      some one may get annoyed,hence it is wishful thinking!.
      Regards
      vmt