God abandons Jesus?

  • Dr.George K John
    Message 1 of 1502 , Jul 18, 2003
      Dear respected and beloved,

      our lord before sending His soul in the hands of His
      Father cried on the cross "My God why did you abandon
      me".there could be several explanations for it
      theologically but for a common man what does it mean.
      Even a hair on your head is counted by God and none
      will fall without His knowledge is the word of our
      Lord. therefore, how God will abandon a man.

      in our short life in earth we feel several occasions
      that God has abandoned us. He never answer to our
      prayers for healing the sickness, financial problems,
      family disputes even for church affairs. we could then
      ask "God why did you abandon me".

      I was precipitating the above emotion in me at many
      times. one day during meditation with heavy heart the
      story of 'sand man' appeared to my mind. i heard the
      word of our Lord ' My son during the long journey you
      had fallen on the ground; so i carried you in my
      hands. therefore, you find only two foot prints on the
      sand. it is mine'.

      God never abandoned Jesus; but received His soul in
      His hands to allow Jesus to taste death for the
      revival of His creation.

      the answer to our requests may be " ente kripa ninakhu
      mathi". what we need more than His Mercy????.

      with prayers
      Dr.George, Dubai
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 1502 of 1502 , Oct 1, 2004