History (starts) repeating

  • Zachariah Minnu
    Message 1 of 1502 , Jul 22 4:50 AM
      Dear all,

      Going through the IOC forum, you can see serious
      problems pertaining to the American diocese of
      devalokam church.

      It had been there for long, when almost 7 years back
      Makarious Thirumeni (now "senior" metran) was almost
      excommunicated from the devalokam church.

      expecting that decision Mor Makarious had sent a "kalpana"
      to the devalokam catholica, explaining to the catholica
      that he is not under the jurisdiction of devalokam catholica.

      In that letter Mor Makarious had claimed that he is the
      "Patriarch" of "American Orthodox Church". (copies of this
      letter was "made" available in most of the orthodox churches
      in south)

      Anyway that was "settled" amicably with good old Barnabas Metran.

      again a large number of members of the devalokam church is trying
      to seperate the american diocese from the devalokam church. they
      simply want to form the "American orthodox church" with their own
      supreme head.the main reason put forward is that majority of
      people are now american citizens and hense they dont want to continue
      their relation with the indian church. No doubt Mor Makarious and
      Mor Niclovas are behind this move, with Barnabas being only a spectator.

      People have even gone to the extend of saying that the indian church
      wants them only for their "money". (there were some people in seventies
      who were screaming that the syrian fathers want the malankara church
      only for money and since they belong to another nation they dont want to
      be under "syrians")

      rgds
      GLEESON
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com