Re: To Venerate St. Mary Mother of God, Which lent is more meaningful - 15 or8 days?

  • Paul Reji
    Message 1 of 1502 , Aug 6, 2003
      It was a great article. I have to add this also.

      These days at least chruch memebers seems to think that 8-day lent
      is more important and has to be observed but seems lesser importance
      to 15 day lent. ( for that matter even 25 and 50 day Lent). In my
      parish the People passed a rule that there should be Holy Qurbana
      from all days starting from Sept 1 to 8.

      The intersession to St.Mary is alomost mandatory in all chruches
      these days, which was absent 30 years back

      To all those people, I have to point out that Apostle or early
      chruch fathers did not institute 8-day Lent to co-memeorate
      the Birth of St.Mary. Because chruch only celebrates birth of
      only two persons. ( Our Lord and John the Baptist). The chruch's
      rule is we should obsrve all Chruch's lents. Observing just 8 day
      lent with out observing any other one is gross mistake and disobediance
      to the chruch. St.mary's birth is Not even a Maranaya.

      Let us keep the faith passed to us just like that. Just because
      Catholics do some thing , does not mean we should follow blindly !

      Paul
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 1502 of 1502 , Oct 1, 2004
        Dear members