Re: Sad plight of Kundara Jacobite Syrian Church (New Link)

  • Thomas P
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29 1:48 PM
      Is this posting for peace or to encourage enemity? I know another
      Jacobite parish, which accepted the unity of Malankara church under
      Augen Bava. Liturgy is regulalry celebrated there even now. We see no
      hatred towards Jacobites here. Following originate from human weakness.

      - divisions are parish level.
      - jealousy, family rivalry, aristocracy...
      - closure of church due to disputes.
      - the zeal about once own position about a matter.
      - telling old stories of disputes to increase enemity.
      - cursing.
      - taking advantage of this created enemity.

      After several years, when there are people who realize the core thing,
      there will be an attempt for reconciliation, which requires completly
      forgeting any past mistakes. This is all part of human existence.

      Consider Chalcedon, Christians of the same church killed each other
      and destroyed churches. But they both survived. In the 20th century
      they came closer, trying to forgive past human errors. The core thing
      is to love your enemy. So, the first thing is to find out who is our
      enemy. When we cannot do this to an enemy coming from our own family,
      how can we extend it to others.

      -Thomas