Re: Independence Craze

  • thomas_pa1
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 29, 2002
      We the jacobites are still saying
      :
      > There is only one church and there only one leader for it. That is
      the
      > Patriarch of Antioch. First of all you accept that.
      > If you and your leader - catholica will not accept the H.H. the
      patriarch we
      > are also not ready to accept your so called catholica. Let us go
      > independently.

      I think from Kaatholikka Bava's side, he did his duty by
      sending a letter to H.H. Patriarch explaining the situation
      and accepting H.H. according to the consitution. So, we
      Malankara Church already accept H.H.

      But I have a personal ambition as a layman to see H.H. revoking
      the agreement with RCC. This agreement will mislead many
      members of our Malankara Church. Already many are going
      and communing there. This must be revoked.

      Regarding establishement of Catholicosate in 1912, it was
      H.H. Abded Messiah who did this and H.H. is remembered
      every year. Later H.H. Patriarchs accepted this and
      our relationship with H.H. Patriarch of Anthioc is
      defined in the constitution.

      Each side has a story to tell aboutthis part of history.
      Kindly read the following about how this happened:
      http://www.uk-christian.net/boc/102f.shtml
    • thomas_pa1
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 29, 2002
        As a layman, I understand this differently. Your faction
        denies the priesthood of St. Thomas by quoting Bible.
        Ancient accounts (our local tradition, ancient Coptic
        Synaxis etc.) prove beyond doubt that the Apostle ordained priests
        and bishops in India. This means complete priesthood of the Apostle.
        So we have two teachings in our church. Awgen Bava was a firm
        believer (he was a great theological scholar and guru of
        Malankara Malpan) in priesthood of the Apostle. If we don't
        preserve this tradition, no other Christian community will
        do this for us. So we are Malankara Orthodox Syrian Christians.
      • dipu george
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 30, 2002

          thomas_pa1 wrote:

          As a layman, I understand this differently. Your faction
          denies the priesthood of St. Thomas by quoting Bible.
          Ancient accounts (our local tradition, ancient Coptic
          Synaxis etc.) prove beyond doubt that the Apostle ordained priests
          and bishops in India.

          poor thomas...he says he respects malankara malpan but not his works !! there is no concrete evidence to prove st thomas had come to malankara.

          its is only a strong legend .atleast the saints relics are in mosul.....a part of which was brought to devalokam...on which is written " this was brought by HG augen from the "orthodox church " at mosul" !!!! no mention of the syrian in the syrian �orthodox church at mosul !!!....indeed the contemptuous attitude of the metran faction has to be mentioned here.

          �This means complete priesthood of the Apostle.

          the bible itself says that st thomas never recieved priesthood ....... why are you trying to break the umblical chord .....what are your intentions mr thomas!!??� guess u r trying to cock up a new history by cozzying up to the greeks and copts . good luck to you and your faction.

          So we have two teachings in our church. Awgen Bava was a firm
          believer (he was a great theological scholar and guru of
          Malankara Malpan) in priesthood of the Apostle.

          the malankara malpan's� humbleness lay in the fact that he presented his translation of the bible before�HG augen's�tomb at devalokam and his words were�� "knowing them (the metran� faction ) even if they throw away away this bible and do whatever they can to it i will always remember my guru who taught me the rudiments of this holy language".it was the devils team at work in devalokam which brought confusion between augen and the patriach.

          nobody can forget how the metran faction made him abjucate his title ( for reasons now unfolding before our own eyes )while his predecessor had the title till his death...what is the role of the catholicose....temporal powers ...thats all......the last days of his successor is worth remembering....he got the same treatment he meted out ot augen......the very hand which pulled the ring from augengs finger� became paralysed !!!! one wonders how he got to put his fingerprint on his will transfering the title to mathews2.......we dont need such catholicoses mr thomas...so lay off ..get lost

          so there mr thomas� i wonder how the metran faction will tolerate this bible which has the seal of antioch and forewords by our bishops in it ...knowing u people ....u might have desecrated it� ...and thrown it away.

          �If we don't
          preserve this tradition, no other Christian community will
          do this for us. So we are Malankara Orthodox Syrian Christians.

          we do preserve our tradition.....u people dont !! and we are the malankara� syrian orthodox church and not the other way round

          isnt it stupidity...there is the syrian orthodox church.the coptic orthodox church.the greek orthodox,russian orthodox,armenian orthodox� u guys have malankara "orthodox syrian" instead �......

          regards

          dipu

          Do You Yahoo!?

        • daniel_reji
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 30, 2002
            --- In SOCM-FORUM@y..., "thomas_pa1" <thomas_pa1@y...> wrote:

            > Each side has a story to tell aboutthis part of history.
            > Kindly read the following about how this happened:
            > http://www.uk-christian.net/boc/102f.shtml

            Dear Brother Thomas P

            The article in Glastonbury Review is possibly by Abba Seraphim,
            bishop of the British Orthodox Church and relies heavily on Western
            histories written by Catholics and Protestants who had their own
            agenda in the Middle East. The British Orthodox themselves for years
            had attempted to be in communion with the Syriac Orthodox until the
            mid 90s, when they joined the Copts.

            What is the point though? Is the claim that the history of the Syriac
            Orthodox Church is somehow tainted? I would be the last person to
            argue against that. From that perspective the entire history of the
            Christian Church be it in the East or the West is tainted and
            reflects human frailty and weakness, often at its worst. I would
            readily admit that the turn of the 20th century was probably the
            worst period in the history of the Syriac Orthodox Church. The
            Ottoman Empire exerted its heavy hand on the church and the spiritual
            life of the church under the subjugation of the Moslem empire had
            reached a low point. In those days, a Patriarch was the civil head of
            his community, the millet, and was even responsible for collecting
            taxes. He could be in that position only with the firman of the
            Caliph and the Caliph would give the firman only to someone who made
            a payment. This set the stage for corruption in the church. The
            tussle between Patriarch Abded Messiah and Patriarch Abdulla II
            happened during this time and was most unfortunate for the Syriac
            Orthodox Church. Vattasseril Mor Dionysius, who went to Patr. Abdulla
            for consecration as Metropolitan later took advantage of a
            disgruntled Abded Messiah and got him to consecrate a Catholicos.
            This was all during a time when the Syriac Orthodox in Turkey were
            under complete disarray and immediately later thousands of them were
            massacred by the Ottomans. Our people never once during all the
            centuries of our association extended a helping hand, but instead
            took advantage of the situation. Fortunately, with Patriarch Elias
            III, the church came under the spiritual guidance of one of the most
            devout leaders of modern times and ever since has made progress under
            the succeeding Patriarchs. To extrapolate the history of a few years
            around the turn of the 20th century and paint the entire history of
            the Syriac Church with a broad black brush is just malicious.

            Personally, I think that history, esp. in the context of the
            Malankara Church, is used as a weapon selectively when it suits a
            denomination's claim to antiquity. The Catholics claim that St.
            Thomas Christians were always Catholic and make tenuous arguments to
            support that. Malankara Orthodox claim historical independence, where
            as some people with extreme views in Jacobite faction claim that they were
            always under Antioch. None of these positions are close to the truth.
            Even accounts of a single incident widely vary. For e.g., Catholics
            claim that in Koonen Kurishu Sathyam, people took an oath only
            against the Jesuits, the Indian Orthodox claim that they took an oath
            of independence, where as Jacobite faction claims that they took an
            oath to be under Antioch. I think the reality was closer to rejecting
            the Roman yoke, but it is hard to tell. The fact of the matter is
            that even if historians or archaeologists were to come up with
            evidence to support any of the statements, it doesn't make even a bit
            of a difference in the positions of the denominations. When history
            becomes inconvenient, it is conveniently forgotten.

            My point is that arguments based on history have little bearing on
            the current situation. If the different factions were to rise above
            the mean spirited struggle over money and power, focus on the will of
            God and attempt to resolve differences amicably in a Christian
            spirit, unity is possible. Hatred, even when justified by historical
            reasons, will never lead to Christian unity. If anyone thinks that I
            am going to be swayed away from the church that is the source of my
            spiritual heritage because of the actions of isolated people in its
            history, they are totally mistaken.

            In Our Lord's Love
            Thomas Daniel (Reji)
          • thomas_pa1
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 30, 2002
              --- In SOCM-FORUM@y..., "daniel_reji" <daniel_reji@h...> wrote:
              > Our people never once during all the
              > centuries of our association extended a helping hand, but instead
              > took advantage of the situation.

              This is absolutely not true. Malankara church did help Anthioc
              materially, buy gifting gold, money etc. So, the claim that
              we didn't help at all is not true.

              > Personally, I think that history, esp. in the context of the
              > Malankara Church, is used as a weapon selectively when it suits a
              > denomination's claim to antiquity. The Catholics claim that St.
              > Thomas Christians were always Catholic and make tenuous arguments to
              > support that. Malankara Orthodox claim historical independence,
              where
              > as some people with extreme views in Jacobite faction claim that
              they were
              > always under Antioch. None of these positions are close to the
              truth.
              > Even accounts of a single incident widely vary. For e.g., Catholics
              > claim that in Koonen Kurishu Sathyam, people took an oath only
              > against the Jesuits, the Indian Orthodox claim that they took an
              oath
              > of independence, where as Jacobite faction claims that they took an
              > oath to be under Antioch. I think the reality was closer to
              rejecting
              > the Roman yoke, but it is hard to tell.

              You are right.

              Peace to you.
              -Thomas

              > In Our Lord's Love
              > Thomas Daniel (Reji)
            • thomas_pa1
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 30, 2002
                --- In SOCM-FORUM@y..., dipu george <dipu_george@y...> wrote:

                Dipu says:
                >!! there is no concrete evidence to prove st thomas had come to
                >malankara.

                Unfortunately this is what the RSS is teaching today. They teach
                exactly the same quoting Rome. Aim of Rome was absolute control
                over properties of Malankara Nazranis. We resisted this in history.

                So, your plan is to change our tradition. Coptic Orthodox church
                is also an ancient church which gave many important saints.
                We can even say that we have our present confession of faith
                because of them. The Coptic church records in her Synaxarium
                that St. Thomas indeed came to India and ordained bishop.

                So there is no confusion about our local tradition. Awgen Bava
                was very strong in his criticism of Anthioc, when Anthioc sent
                a official letter that St. Thomas lacks in priesthood.
                Awgen Bava was an ascetic and guru of many and did not carry
                anything with him. So let us stop accusing Indian fathers
                that they plan to take away our properties.

                We have our local tradition about St. Thomas. Only we can
                maintain that.

                It is true that, being away from Roman empire (Byzantium), our
                ancient Christian community did not develop the model of church
                administration developed within Byzantium (I mean Patriarchates).
                When the church was small and confined to Byzantium, ecumenical
                councils, after discussing essential matters of faith, also spent
                some time to solve administrative problems. This is how Patriarchates
                came in to existence. The core of Ecumenical councils is the
                faith. Administrative/ disciplinary matters undergo change with
                culture and growth of church. But faith will not change.

                For example, Rome is strict that a priest should not be ordained
                from married men. But Nicea teaches that a married person can be
                ordained. So, can we say that Rome strictly follows this disciplinary
                decision of Nicea? Today we are entering to more and more
                agreements with Rome.

                The model of Katholikkos developed outside Byzantium,
                especially in Armenia, Georgia, Persia etc. Even today head
                of Armenian and Georgian churches are called Katholikkos.

                Ethiopia had a different model.
                From ancient times they had the position of "Echege of the
                See of St. Tekle Haimanot". The highest native born clergyman
                of the Ethiopian Church was the Echege, who was the Abbot of the
                Monastery of Debre Libanos, founded in the 1100's by the
                Ethiopian saint Tekle Haimanot. I have been to Ethiopian parish and
                know how spiritual these people are. They remove shoes like us and
                prostrate before Icons. This "Echege" was the spiritual head of
                the church.

                Though this is an ancient church, they didn't develop the model of
                Patriarchate. That concept was introduced from Byzantine culture
                (through Alexandrian Coptic Orthodox church).
                This helped in giving a leadership to Geez/ Amharic speaking
                Ethiopian christians. They still remain the largest Christian
                country in the world. So a good administrative setup will only
                help a local church. But spiritually we are related to Anthioc
                (because of our historic relationship) and consider Patriarch higher
                in position that an Indian Katholikkos.

                In India, our ancient community had "Jathikku Karthavyan" who
                was the head of the church. Mar Thoma 1 was elevated by 12
                Indian priests. Then, adherents of Vatican wrote to Pope:
                "not only was Mar Thoma's ordination sacrilageous but that all his
                subsequent acts were null and void". Today also we hear people
                criticizing Malankara church this way.

                We need to develop a broader understanding of our ancient
                church and view our present problem in Malankara in this context.

                -T
              • John Philip
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 30, 2002

                  Dear SOCM members,

                  Earlier I have taken a vow to stop arguing with this Thomas_Pal of  Methran kakshi sabha, but his nature is to continuously harass our Church.  So once again I am forced to react in our SOCM forum to upheld our Church. I know he will continue to go on arguing from the points I mention in this article and if he can’t, he will raise some other matters.  But still…....

                  Now something about his argument. This Thomas_Pal said Catholioca is very sincere in accepting the Patriarch. Is that true ?  If so why Catholica Mathews II published in Manorama a quarter page advt. in March 2000 (just before the Patriarch’s arrival to Malankara in 2000), mentioning that our present Patriarch is not the Malankara Church’s head and he cannot accept H.H Patriarch since H.H is not the genuine Patriarch according to his Methran kaksi Sabha and so on.  But at some other times and more particularly after the latest verdict, he says some thing different.  Why the Catholicose changes his attitude in every moment like a Kerala politician ?    Does he have any intention to trap the poor Jacobites as in 1958 ? (Late Paulose Mor Gregorious of Methran kakshi sabha had already warned about this particular trap of Methran kaksi in a statement published on 20th June 1995 –Ref:- Mathrubhumi daily).

                  Personally I don’t know whether Catholicose is responsible for all his talks, may be some others are influencing him, may be some fanatics in Methran kakshi. So before preaching peace, let throw out these undesirable forces (who ever may be) from Methran kakshi, to bring real peace in Malankara.   Then surely this Church will be like, as it was in the time of Parumala Thirumeni.  Let us pray for that.

                  Anyhow whatever we say, a real peace at the moment is very difficult. It is a known fact that there is a historical divide between the two Churches. It cannot be solved by force. It is only because of these, we the Jacobites are wishing to remain separate atleast for this generation, so that in future we both will be in an ecumenical spirit, such as now between Marthoma Church and both our Churches.

                  John Philip

                  Download exciting Logos, Picture Messages & Ringtones for your mobile phonenew
                • John Philip
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jan 30, 2002

                    Dear SOCM Members,

                    Recetly I have read a posting in this forum by one Thomas_Pal of Methran kakshi sabha, about the controversies of 1912, in which he said that his sabha is still remembering the deposed Patriarch Abdul Mesiha etc.  For proving his arguements, he has given a link to the 'Syrian Orthodox Church history' quoted from a British Orthodox site.   Anyhow I am not going to use all the space for arguing that this is a intentionally manipulated article.  My request to every one like Thomas_Pal, is to read the true history of Malankara Church, instead of digging into the British Orthodox sites. Its better to read the history written by the Church’s scholars. Or it may be “His Story”, as said by one scholar. Atleast this Thomas_pal could have given a link to his sabha's site instead of British site. But unfortunately, his sabha's practise is to confuse others through such twistings and tactics.

                    Now about the British Orthodox site that Thomas_pal have mentioned; I think in all probability, some one from Methran kakshi sabha influences the article in this link; Otherwise the people of Coptic Church may not have any knowledge about this matter. I think one Fr. V C Samuel has some role in it. His book is mentioned in the reference section.  (See the end of the article - in the reference section  --- ."C. Samuel, Truth Triumphs, An account of the Life and Achievements of Malankara Metropolitan Vattasseril Geevarghese Mar Dionysius (1986).")

                    Earlier, in the end of another article about ‘Patriarch Mar Sevarious’ by the same British group, it is mentioned that the Fr. V C Samuel’s book about the Chalcedonian Synod will be reproduced soon by this British orthodox Church. And in many other Internet sites of this Church, they are quoting this Fr. V C Samuel again & again.

                    So with all the circumstantial evidences, I think this article which thomas-pal have mentioned, is reproduced with the help of this Achen who is a member of Methran Kakshi sabha.  If it is so, then I am not wondering in seeing a distorted history, such as that reproduced in that British orthodox Internet site.

                    Now again I doubt whether this thomas_pal have any connection with this achen ?  I am a member of Indian orthodox forum. I have seen many postings by this thomas-pal quoting & promoting this VC Samuel achen. That’s why I doubt.

                    (Someone has enrolled me in that forum without my knowledge- I don’t have a practice to unnecessarily provocate others through their forums. Recently without my knowledge, again this particular forum has enrolled me in another email address --kjphilip3@... from Malankara Church.org. This way they may be able to claim that their forum has so much number of members etc, as is done by some media tycoons in kerala -----So my advice to the promoter of SOCM forum, you also please use this method to increase the number of members.   This way you can also popularise your forum, eventhough it is unethical.)

                    John Philip

                  • V Thomas
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jan 31, 2002
                      Sir,
                      I would like to throw some light on Rev(Dr.)V.C Samuel.He hail from Omallur.Joined the manjinikkara seminary in Omallur.He got the early training
                      under Yulios bhava the then represetative of Partiarch.He left the seminary  in some unpleasant manner after quarelling with Bava and later was a priest in chengalam pally at Kottayam(Jacobite church)..Later he was a priest in Bangalore also.He was one of the early PhD of our church.While at Banaglore  got married.He then moved onto Ethioia and worked many years there.The last years were at Bangalore.He also has taught in Pazhaya seminary,some time..
                      His marriage after becoming a priest was not welcome by many.He has written many articles on Marriage and celibacy.Brought in arguments that there were Bishops in our early church who were married.He went to Orthodox side.Initially he was accepted,there,well.They used his scholarly position to emaphasise the argument that ours was an independent church,from the begining..
                      I have few years of association with him.But while appreciating his  scholarship we had some arguments on the independence  of the church.
                      We held the argument that ,if we remove the Kuppayams of these independent indian bishops,  which we have inherited from Syrian orthdox church,
                       they are more or less  are like our sadhus.But he was holding the veiw that our relation with syria is only after 16th centuary,that too through Persia.
                      Another matter to be mentioned here is that H.G Paulose Mor Gregorios(Rev,Fr,Paul Vargese) was also at Ethiopia.He was also an accepted scholar,but there was contant enimity between them.Infact VCS was a critic of Thirumeni.Once he told us,Thirumeni has only show but not deep knowledge.But Dr.Paul Varghese achen was more popular among youth of that time.This as per VCS was cheap popularity.
                      Now there is an organisation supported by his fans(who has worked in Ethiopia  during his tenure there and few others.There may be few  migrants to  UK  also)) ,working from Pathanathitta  to make him great.They publish his articles and articles onhim.Their veiw is-
                      .1. VCS  was all time great scholar syrian orthdox group has seen.
                      2.It is because of his research the syrian orthox church is respected.now.Early churches were treating us  as monophysite and after his reaserch papers only the western churches realised our real position.
                      3.They have agenda also to hurt Jacobites in world forums.

                      Reagrds
                      vmt

                    • dipu george
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jan 31, 2002

                          thomas_pa1 <thomas_pa1@...> wrote:

                        --- In SOCM-FORUM@y..., dipu george <dipu_george@y...> wrote:

                        Dipu says:
                        >!! there is no concrete evidence to prove st thomas had come to
                        >malankara.

                        and thomas says

                        Unfortunately this is what the RSS is teaching today. They teach
                        exactly the same quoting Rome. Aim of Rome was absolute control
                        over properties of Malankara Nazranis. We resisted this in history.

                        .....well this what i have to say

                        .....the RSS is very proud of u guys!!! remember what sudarshan said of your faction and the marthoma church.!!! for us ...our patriach  ( and i hope yours if u believe in him)has said thus - love your country only then can u love this church- and we as obedient children under our holy father will obey his statement.

                        get lost mr thomas

                        So, your plan is to change our tradition. Coptic Orthodox church
                        is also an ancient church which gave many important saints.
                        We can even say that we have our present confession of faith
                        because of them. The Coptic church records in her Synaxarium
                        that St. Thomas indeed came to India and ordained bishop.

                        2...at times u quote history and not traditions to suit ur view points.what are u trying to prove.

                        i can point out lots of mistakes in our legends and songs about the coming of st thomas!!!! thats why

                        all i am trying to say that here in the case of malankara it is because of tradition and traditon only that we can claim st thomas had come to india. india at that time comprised the whole of the indian subcontinent and not just malankara alone !! i hope u be careful in quoting augen because if u are at  fault in what u r saying then i pray that god forgive you !!! besides one need not guess the letters sent to antioch by devalokam (who had actually written it instead of HBaugen ). for that please read malankara malpan's sabha charithram for u would also read about HB augen's allegiance and statement about the holy syrian orthodox church.... how come his anniversary is commemorated with only a munninmel qurbana while that of his predecessor is celebrated by a pompous festivallasting three days !!!!!! u have villified that man of god not us...forcing him to abjucate his title while he was still  alive...thats the first in history of the tradition of catholicose!!!!

                        remember the age of his predecessor when he died !!!! this was needed for u couldnt digest the unification of this church...dont teach us crap mr thomas !!! this is what i meant by the diabolic attitudes of those fanatics at devalokam.

                        So there is no confusion about our local tradition. Awgen Bava
                        was very strong in his criticism of Anthioc, when Anthioc sent
                        a official letter that St. Thomas lacks in priesthood.
                        Awgen Bava was an ascetic and guru of many  and did not carry
                        anything with him.  So let us stop accusing Indian fathers
                        that they plan to take away our properties.

                        oh great !!! i believe u r trying to confer sainthood on your metran faction by saying this !!!

                        i pity your hollow hopes in this ....good luck to you ... pity u cant point out further scholars in your faction  mr thomas.... cause u dont have one....the only eligibility ur faction have is in fighting and cunningness.....

                        It is true that, being away from Roman empire (Byzantium), our
                        ancient Christian community did not develop the model of church
                        administration developed within Byzantium (I mean Patriarchates).
                        When the church was small and confined to Byzantium, ecumenical
                        councils, after discussing essential matters of faith, also spent
                        some time to solve administrative problems. This is how Patriarchates
                        came in to existence. The core of Ecumenical councils is the
                        faith. Administrative/ disciplinary matters undergo change with
                        culture and growth of church. But faith will not change.

                        For example, Rome is strict that a priest should not be ordained
                        from married men. But Nicea teaches that a married person can be
                        ordained. So, can we say that Rome strictly follows this disciplinary
                        decision of Nicea?  Today we are entering to more and more
                        agreements with Rome.

                        3..  well rome did have married bishops atleast till the time of the rennaissance ....i dont know when they adopted celibacy for their priests

                        please mr thomas!! it would be nice if u leave this forum!!! go and start your factions forum and discuss these craps !!! we have our faith,our liturgy and traditions and culture to uphold.

                        u need to consider inventing your own faith and history to lay the foundation of your faction's church.

                        The model of Katholikkos developed outside Byzantium,
                        especially in Armenia, Georgia, Persia  etc. Even today head
                        of Armenian and Georgian churches are called Katholikkos.

                        great......i cant take this crap any longer........the title of katholicose ur present leader currently holds is holy for many holy saints once adorned it like the likes of Bar Hebraus...by ur catholicose actions it has only brought disrepute to that once holy name!!!!! atleast their catholicoses are called His Beatitudes ...i believe that title seems too lowly for ur faction catholicose who prides himself in signing as His Holiness mathews2 !!!!

                        Ethiopia had a different model.
                        From ancient times they had the position of "Echege of the
[...]

                        ya ya ...the seeds of discontent!!!! one can read what u intend .....hmm...do i see the day when ur catholicose awards u with the title of chevalier.....for ur indepth analysis in discovering what we lacked in!!! the abbysinian church was under heresy ....whose concept of christ was what the muslims (muhammed's followers took refuge under this kingdom during their exile)believes in . it was the coptic church which through the grace of god removed that heresy from that church....hope ur faction wont be like the heretic abbysinian church then !!! good luck to you

                        dipu george

                        Do You Yahoo!?

                      • V Thomas
                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 12, 2002
                          Dear All,

                          It is meaning less to talk of RSS  whenever you have no argument.
                          (In fact if orthodox fanatics can be there ,Hindu fanatics(RSS) also can be there .
                          They all do the same thing.Try to destroy others,.Rewrite history,etc.)
                          Dear Thomas_P,in fact , there is no proof in the scientific way.!
                          But we all accept  and believe that St.Thomas came to India and
                          converted the natives and Jews into Christianity,who were our forefathers.
                          So also we  understand  and  accept that St Peter was the leader of
                          Christ's disciples(from bible) and through him the church -priest hood lives.
                          (through his actions later).
                          Three  first synods are proven,matter.It shows clearly the ecclesiastical
                          powers of Patriarchs and bishops.
                          First thing to Christian,is to accept Christ,his teachings ,his disciples their acts and teachings
                          and teachings of our forefathers.So accept Patriarch first!
                          It also a logical thing to say what we give can be taken back.by the owner.God has given us life
                          and he  takes  it back.  .It is logic.If Patriarch has power to give priest hood to
                          catholica, he has also power to take it back,if he is found undeserving.In that reasoning present
                          catholica  does not have priest hood.(pattathvam)This is what every Jacobite believe.
                          Is it clear?
                          As per science,the life came  on earth billions of years back.Human beings
                          took millions of years to develop to this status.They can carbon date fossils and say there is proof,.
                          But we christains do not  believe that.We accept Jesus,Bible and church.
                          One cannot travel in two boats at one time.If you are a syrian christain,the
                          our priest hood came from Patriarch.Long live HH Zakka I and long live
                          the Patriarchate!
                          Regards
                          vmt