Re: Mor Ahatalla Bava

  • Alex Jojo Joseph
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 2003
      Dear Abraham K.P ,

      First of all,I just wanted to pass the idea that the attittude of RCC
      people towards JSOC has changed considerably from those days.Not that
      they are fine tuned with us.

      >Even the joint declaration of 1984 that you cited deals with
      >commonality of faith and practical issues like availing sacraments.
      >There is no word of regret at what happened in a bad time of our
      past.

      This happened between SOC and RCC and can be considered as the first
      step for a better tomorrow.Its difficult for matters internal to JSOC
      to find a position in this declaration.Now we can go ahead for a next
      step of the same with our Bava Thirumeni and their Arch
      Bishop..Definitely that will give positive results.

      >I will agree with you if you say that the Catholics (Syrian) of
      >Kerala accept the mistake.

      I accept..most of the RCC friends I have and who is interested in our
      problems are from this background..So I stay corrected.

      >But them accepting the mistake is meaningless because we were one
      till >the Portugese came.

      But can we take this as the first step for the brighter days ahead..?
      Again,we should accept that they are the strong hold among their
      decision makers now also.

      >But such initiatives should not be at the cost of forgetting ones
      own >past or dissuading others from remembering it.

      It should never be taken like that.Our past is our strength..But it
      should not be used to worsen our days to come.

      >To borrow a quote from John Fitzgerald Kennedy
      >"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names."

      JFK was and is right.But this a case of differences that would and
      should happen across generations.

      Regards
      Jojo