Re: Pampady Thirumeni

  • thomas_pa1
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 28, 2002
      > Now regarding the Independence craze, it is not going to reach an
      end. Now Catholicose groups want Independent Indian Church. You
      already know that the Independence cry started in USA. Many of USA
      members of so called Independent Church started to ask, "Why we have
      to be controlled by Devalokam?" If some one from North India started
      asking same, then the present Catholicose Group leaders can't deny it.
      > Thomas Daniel

      Malankara churches throughout the world are under the Malankara
      Holy Synod and there is no independence movement. They are all
      going to participate in the upcoming Malankara Associaton.
      What is the status of Knanaya church, Malankara archdiocese of
      America and Canada etc.? In my understanding they are now seperated
      (Independent) of Malankara. This is also one form of independence.
      This kind of independence (removing Malankara dependency) will not
      help the younger generation much. We need to teach young people that
      we are Indians with a distict civilization. It is because of this
      civilization that we follow the same life style in family life like
      people of other religions in India. Thus the value system is based
      on Indian civilization. For this reason alone, Malankara Orthodox
      parents in America want to teach Indian traditions to young people.
      All most all parishes are planning to participate in the upcoming
      association. Is Bava forcing parishes to particpate. No, it is the
      parish general body deciding whether to participate of not. Let us
      work for unity in our church and maintain our distinct identity as
      ancient christians of India.

      -T