First anniversary of consecration of Catholicose Thomas I

  • SOCM- Moderators
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 2003
      Patriarch Ignatius Zaka Iwas I consecrated and appointed Baselious
      Thomas I as the Catholicose of the east in a ceremony held at
      Damascus on July 26, 2002. Mor Dionysius Thomas was chosen to be the
      Catholicose at the church delegates meeting held at Puthankurizu,
      Kerala On July 6th, 2002. The election was ratified by the Universal
      Syrian Orthodox Church Synod on 22nd July 2002

      Preparations of the first anniversary of the consecration of
      Catholicose Baselious Thomas I at Puthankruizu are completed.

      On 26th July morning 8.00 O' clock, His Beatitude will celebrate the
      Holy Qurbono at Kothamangalam Cheriyapally.

      We will be welcomed ceremonially at Puthankurizu by 10.00 AM

      Heads of various sister churches, social workers, and politicians
      will attend the reception at Puthankurizu.

      During the meeting top S.S.L.C winners from Church members will be
      decorated with Gold Medals. H.B will officially inaugurate the
      charitable society "Social Service League" at the same function.

      After the anniversary function at 12.00 P.M Association meeting of
      the Jacobite Church will be held at the same venue.

      The Malankara Syrian Orthodox Church under the Holy See of Antioch
      adopted a constitution on Saturday, July 6th, 2002, at Puthankurizu
      Patriarchal Center after its approval by the first meeting of the
      Jacobite Syrian Christian Association. The Association was elected by
      the delegates meeting held on July 4th at Puthankurizu. With the
      adoption of a constitution, the Church has rejected the Constitution
      drawn by the Catholicose faction of the Malankara Church in 1934 and
      subsequently declared the constitution of the entire church by the
      Supreme Court in 1995.