Re: Jacobites not Orthodox

  • Thomas P
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8 12:45 PM
      Just because something is written somewhere doesn't prove that
      is is the truth about a matter. In some old records, India is
      under the British. Many old opinions are corrected today.

      It is clearly recorded by Orthodox church fathers, even Syrian
      Orthodox fathers,that the usage "Jacobite" is incorrect. Syrian
      Orthodox church officially never used this name. If our ancestors
      in Kerala did it wrong, we have a chance to correct it. IOC is
      actually following the advice of some old Syrian fathers who were
      strictly against calling the Church Jacobite. Let us not mix this
      name issue with MM etc.

      Regards,
      Thomas