Why Go to Church ?

  • Shyla Issac
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5 10:27 PM
      Why Go to Church, Anyway?

      A Church goer wrote a letter to the editor of a newspaper and
      complained that it made no sense to go to church every Sunday.
      "I've gone for 30 years now," he wrote, "and in that time I have
      heard something like 3,000 sermons. But for the life of me, I can't
      remember a single one of them. So, I think I'm wasting my time and
      the preachers are wasting theirs by giving sermons at all."

      This started a real controversy in the "Letters to the Editor"
      column, much to the delight of the editor. It went on for weeks
      until someone wrote this CLINCHER:

      "I've been married for 30 years now. In that time my wife has cooked
      some 32,000 meals. But for the life of me, I cannot recall the entire
      menu for a single one of those meals. But I do know this: They all
      nourished me and gave me the strength I needed to do my work. If my
      wife had not given me these meals, I would be physically dead today.
      Likewise, if I had not gone to church for nourishment, I would be
      spiritually dead today!"

      "When you are DOWN to nothing.... God is UP to something! Faith sees
      the invisible, believes the incredible and receives the impossible!
      Thank God for our physical AND our spiritual nourishment!!!"

      So dear friends Attend Church Services regularly;Nourish and
      strengthen ourselves in the Lord.

      Regards
      Shyla Issac