Re: A primacy of Love and service

  • James John
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2003
      Dear Thomas P,

      May I ask, according to your interpretation and theory,

      quote

      He stood in their midst and said: ''peace be with you. As the father
      has sent me, even so I send you. And when he had said this, he breathed
      on them, and said to them, receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the
      sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any they are
      retained'' John 20:21 and 22). He thus ordained them priests, as we are
      taught by our fathers the saints. Likewise, he ordained them bishops when''
      He took them out as far as Bethany, and he lifted up his hands and blessed
      them. While he blessed them, he parted from them and went up to heaven"
      (Luke 24: 51 and 52)."

      the priests also should be equal to St.Peter not only the Holy Catholicose
      of Devalokam who is seeking shooting orders (police protection) of the
      syrian orthodox christians in Kerala . You may at least agree that The
      patriarch has the power to ordain a Bishop, and he also has the authority to
      revoke it.

      Your own quote
      If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins
      of any they are retained'' John 20:21 and 22).

      If that is the case, One simple thing which I have difficulty in
      comprehensing is How is one American Bishop Mor Nicholovose performing
      priestly duties...If he can do it then isn't the whole IOC church
      organization propagating FRAUD. Besides, In the name of PEACE AND UNITY
      the IOC HOLY FATHER is seeking court orders to shoot down Syrian Orthodox
      christians in Kerala. My understanding is the Goverment of Kerala, and the
      High Court of that state has refused to oblige to his wishes. Now he is
      seeking the same from New Delhi. If this is not persecution, what is
      persecution ????

      I don't think this a fight for St.Thomas so that St.Thomas will have equal
      authority to that of St.Peter.

      James