Priests and Laity staged protest march

  • Mathew Varkey
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2003
      News- Crisis in 'IOC' over the diocesan division; Priests
      and Laity staged protest march (from malankara voice)

      Dear SOC froum members

      Now it has been proved beyond doubt that serious problem exist in
      methran kakshi. General unrest of priests and clergy is spreading
      in that group. This is what can be seen from the latest Mathrubhumi
      report which was reproduced in Malankara Voice.
      http://www.geocities.com/malankarav5/20030627Mathr_MethManCom.htm

      When I enquired about the said problem to one of the opposite
      factions managing committee members who is my friend, he himself
      admitted that there exists a crisis of very serious nature. He
      told me that everyone was so disturbed, earlier they had not
      experienced such problems. In recent times many groups has
      evolved and each are pitted against others. One section of their
      managing committee members expressed their anger over the
      extraordinary interest taken by their sabha leadership for the
      continuance of the sabha case. They warned that their leadership
      is wasting huge amount of money for advocates like Nariman etc.
      Without knowing that peace will not come by force. (Only recently
      did mathews II bava publicly said that he had signed cheques for
      crores of rupess to conduct sabha case--There were newspaper
      reports on this).

      Possibly to divert the attention from these ticklish issues, our
      dearest brothers of the dissident faction is claiming problems in the
      other Churches. My advice to them is to first save their own group from
      the crisis it is facing and later advice others.

      ----- "First remove the beam from thine own eye before you remove
      the speck from your brother's eye".-------