My Creed!

  • V Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2003
      Dear Sir,

      Why your catholicose is superior than your other bishops? Is correct to
      differentiate Them with HH and HG ? Priest hood is given to all, by the
      apostles, as we sing In the church. (Nana jathivibhavngal keki"). If that
      is correct a bishop,laymen And priests are same!.Is'nt it?

      I believe Peter was head of the disciples, as appointed by Jesus before
      departing from earth.

      I believe that St Thomas is the apostle who converted the major bulk of Jews
      and few natives Who were our forefathers .Our history says he has appointed
      priests not bishops.

      I would like to quote from VCS,itself.

      "there is no evidence that the Indian church sought to have or had bishops
      from its own Indian Membership. Even when this Christian community had a
      metropolitan with suffergans Assisting him,it had no Indian bishops'(Indian
      Church and Autonomy-Article by Rev.V.C.Samuel)

      Orginally, there was no bishops and separate priests,in the Christian
      churches.(as seen in bible).Only believers and later elders and then came
      bishops.

      I believe that from the very beginning we are under the Syrian rites.
      Antioch was the seat of Christians from the beginning.

      Do you atleast agree with Canai Thoma and his group coming down.?
      That is way back and your claim of only 300 years relation only is wrong..
      Our Patriarchs due to political reasons would have lost the power and
      position.

      Even then till 3 rd Synod they were rated 3 rd in order. For you Pope HH
      Senoda Is greater .It is like that for some!! But for us they are still the
      Patriarchs. Head of our church (Princes)

      I believe number does not matter and as it is said on you right side
      Thousands and on the left side, there may be ten thousands. Since, Catholics
      in Kerala (even on earth) are more in number will you accept your catholicose.
      Is inferior to Their Pope ?So also if Jacobites are less in number do not
      belittle HH.

      I believe through Jesus any one can achieve Heaven and our church Is path
      towards Jesus and salvation for us. Our services and Qurbana truly are Holy.

      But the Kingdom of heaven is free gift from God.We can not dictate who
      Are eligible and who are not.It is God who decides,only we have to pray
      To include us also.Whom we think great may not be in Gods recokening!

      Calling us Jacobite is OK.We were called Nazarenes earlier.that is nick name.

      Dear Thomas, What ever you shout from the top of hills You cannot change your
      history. You are free to stay under Kottayam catholicose.But remember Your
      constitution also recognize Patriarch as Head.

      Love and prayers
      vmt