Re: Is this faction bashing going to get us to heaven? From: Mini Cherian

  • Yeldo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2003
      Dear all,

      I am writing this mail to give a reply to Mini Cherian. I am trying to
      say what I know and what I learnt from my spiritual fathers in my short
      lifetime.

      Does any one think that our church is facing a critical problem? I don't
      think so because when we look at the history of our church we can see the
      problems that has been faced by our Holy fathers at Syria and even at
      Kerala. Our spiritual father were forced to shift the PATRIARCHATE to
      different places and at last OUR LORD gave a permanent palace in Damascus.
      Considering those things we are facing nothing.

      All of us know the purifying process of gold. Is the gold ore or the
      gold, which we extract from it, more worth? Definitely the gold it self.
      What makes that gold worth? The purifying process itself. The impurities are
      removed by this purifying process (Heat). Like that our church is also under
      the purifying process and impurities are being removed from our church in
      the due course of time. Don't be afraid of the removal of impurities whether
      it be a "Metran", "Achen" or any other else. God need the purified substrate
      only not the impure one. Pray to HIM not to be separated from this Gold ore
      as an impurity. Pray for him so that we shall be the purified gold that are
      cast away from the purification process.

      A sentence to Mini Cherian. Do you think that saying this faction
      problem is a rubbish thing? Then you are absolutely wrong. I have only a
      little Knowledge in my church history when I happened to know it. I am
      dedicating my life to my church in every second because dedication is a long
      process .Do you think praising the lord is the complete worship? Then it is
      wrong because God created human being to praise him not only through prayers
      and performing rituals but also by studying about Him and the church he had
      created. Also we should safeguard the rich tradition handed over to us by
      our Holy Fathers. This includes protecting our church from factions which
      son the evil seeds of fable teachings and manipulated history. so talking
      and creating awareness through argument can't be considered rubbish. Rather
      it is a Christian & Orthodox way. When Jesus Christ cast away all
      businessperson from the Jewish synagogue saying that they are making it a
      den of thieves, he was doing the right thing. Then how come when the same
      process is done in the present century becomes unworthy of a Christian
      ideal.

      Have you ever noticed the priest covering the Chalice & Paten with a
      cloth called "Shoshapa"? Do you know why he does like this? It shows the
      divine mystery that he had created in his creation. Our job is to find this
      mystery that he had made in us at the scientific level. When we study about
      science and the liturgy of our church we can find a lot of similarity in
      them. So please don't say that these are all foolish or rubbish thing. WE
      THE JACOBITE FAITHFULS ARE ONLY MAKE ARGUMENTS THAT IS AGAINST OUR
      CHURCH.CAN ANY ONE CAN GIVE AN EXAMPLE FOR A CHURCH WHICH HAS MORE LITURGY
      THAN THE SYRIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH?.IOC GOT IT FROM US BUT NOW THEY HAD CHANGED
      THEIR "PROMIYON SEDRO" AND ALL THEIR LITURGY FOR THEIR "THOMA SIMHASANAM".
      ANY WAY GOD HELP THEM TO THIK RIGHT

      LOVE & PRAYERS
      Joby Yeldo