Re: Info on bishops (Mor Ahattulla Bava)

  • Dr.P.George K.John
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2003
      Dear Moderator,

      the posting of Mr.Zacharia Minnu about Mor Ahattulla
      Bava is certainly underlining the involvement of
      Antiochean Church with malankara church. a true
      believer cannot disagree to it but to respect it.

      but is it justifiable the act of malankara church
      members of 30,000 who gathered there in Mattanchery to
      save their patriarch who went out to take an oath
      alone. why did they not request for the holy body of
      bava for a respectful funeral in one of our churches.
      that is the tradition of syrian church. when Mor
      Ignatius Noorono the Antochean Patriach was killed by
      putting to lions the faithfulls received the holy body
      for funeral. we have historical evidence of the
      killing of bava but we could not do to find out the
      place of death, the disposal of the body etc. is it
      not our duty to build a suitable memory to Bava in
      Cochin back waters where he was drawned. i had written
      about it in one of the earlier postings also. i shall
      appreciate it if our respectful Moolayil achan tells
      us about it anthoritatively.

      with prayers,

      Dr.George, Dubai