Re: Pampady Thirumeni

  • daniel_reji
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 26, 2002
      Dear Johnachan

      "History" always distorted by the so-called historians. Everyone
      makes history books according to their need and their wish. We can't
      do anything for that. If anyone wants to know about the true history,
      they must read all sort of distorted history book and select what
      they think good for their stance. And do not expect true history from
      anyone.

      Now regarding Pampadi Thirumeni appreciate this trend, no sure by all
      means NO, he will not appreciate it. But what his soul can do, he and
      many other saintly fathers of Malankara Church become the toys of
      some so-called faith guardians.

      The tears of these Saintly fathers, should not poured on us or on our
      coming generation, then we and they are lucky.

      Hope they will not cures us.

      Now regarding the Independence craze, it is not going to reach an end. Now Catholicose groups want Independent Indian Church. You already know that the Independence cry started in USA. Many of USA members of so called Independent Church started to ask, “Why we have to be controlled by Devalokam?” If some one from North India started asking same, then the present Catholicose Group leaders can’t deny it. If this trend is going to keep alive, very soon in Malankara, you will see many Independent Church. It’s going to be a chain reaction. It is not their mistake; it is their faith (at least for time being). In the courtrooms and forums they may claim they are OO, but mostly their leadership and theologians are favoring Bethsyine Orthodox (EO) traditions. It’s reflected even in their official Church Web Pages

      Thomas Daniel

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@y..., "Fr. John Kunjukunju" <fatherjohnkk@h...>
      wrote:
      > Dear Reji,
      > What to do? I am in between the deep see and the devil. I am deeply
      upset by reading the distorted history of the Church. Not one word
      about our relationship with Antioch! Would Pampadi thirumeni
      appreciate this trend?
    • thomas_pa1
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 28, 2002
        > Now regarding the Independence craze, it is not going to reach an
        end. Now Catholicose groups want Independent Indian Church. You
        already know that the Independence cry started in USA. Many of USA
        members of so called Independent Church started to ask, "Why we have
        to be controlled by Devalokam?" If some one from North India started
        asking same, then the present Catholicose Group leaders can't deny it.
        > Thomas Daniel

        Malankara churches throughout the world are under the Malankara
        Holy Synod and there is no independence movement. They are all
        going to participate in the upcoming Malankara Associaton.
        What is the status of Knanaya church, Malankara archdiocese of
        America and Canada etc.? In my understanding they are now seperated
        (Independent) of Malankara. This is also one form of independence.
        This kind of independence (removing Malankara dependency) will not
        help the younger generation much. We need to teach young people that
        we are Indians with a distict civilization. It is because of this
        civilization that we follow the same life style in family life like
        people of other religions in India. Thus the value system is based
        on Indian civilization. For this reason alone, Malankara Orthodox
        parents in America want to teach Indian traditions to young people.
        All most all parishes are planning to participate in the upcoming
        association. Is Bava forcing parishes to particpate. No, it is the
        parish general body deciding whether to participate of not. Let us
        work for unity in our church and maintain our distinct identity as
        ancient christians of India.

        -T