ABSALOMIC MINISTRY OF DECIET

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2014

      Faithful believers and leaders serve the people of God with the purpose of receiving reward from God.  The reward is eternal life in New Jerusalem.  Anyone who is laity or Minister who is ministering to the children of God are working under the will of God.  Those people are selected, called and separated by God for God’s purpose.  Saul was selected by God to be the king to lead His people.  Even though the selection was because of the people’s rebellion against God and His prophet Samuel, God selected Soul and was consecrated to be the king by Samuel.  Consecrated with the anointing oil means separated for an exclusive purpose.  For example, when the vessels of the church are consecrated, we can use it only for the purpose of worship.  When an altar is consecrated, the altar can only be used for holy purposes.

      The sins of Soul caused him his kingship and the fruits of his anointment with the holy oil.  God chose David in his place.  Absalom was the third son of David.  Samuel says that he was the most handsome man in the nation.  The word ‘absalom’ is abo of shalom; father of peace.  Triggered by the molestation of his sister by their half brother, his true self came in to prominence.  The murder of Amnon was not enough for him.  This only enriched his desire to de-throne his own father. He did not want any selection by God.  The satanic powers within him would build strategies for him. “After this it happened that Absalom provided himself with chariots and horses, and fifty men to run before him.  Now Absalom would rise early and stand beside the way to the gate. So it was, whenever anyone who had a lawsuit came to the king for a decision, that Absalom would call to him and say, “What city are you from?” And he would say, “Your servant is from such and such a tribe of Israel.”  Then Absalom would say to him, “Look, your case is good and right; but there is no deputy of the king to hear you.”  Moreover Absalom would say, “Oh, that I were made judge in the land, and everyone who has any suit or cause would come to me; then I would give him justice.”  And so it was, whenever anyone came near to bow down to him, that he would put out his hand and take him and kiss him.  In this manner Absalom acted toward all Israel who came to the king for judgment. So Absalom stole the hearts of the men of Israel.” 2 Samuel 15; 1-6.

         He used the people to become a little king by himself.  He would lie to the unsuspecting people.  He would build a heinous circle of people around him.  The people around him can do anything they want to do.  He has only one purpose in his life.  His only purpose is to become the king even if the kingdom is ruined.

      We find leaders building a heinous circle around them. We find different rules.  We find a minister is not instructing his followers about the rigorous judgment that they are going to face for their actions.  We find the henchmen of these ministers telling us, “if you stay with our leader, you may get such and such rewards”.  We find these satellite kingdoms being formed everywhere as little power centers.   We find these leaders telling us that the key of our salvation is in their hands.  They are trying to deprive us of the freedom that our Lord earned us on the Cross.  They want us to be in the new slavery; slavery where they are our masters.

      Our elders (priests) are not our masters.  We should respect our elders and they should instruct us as a tutor instructs a prince. Regarding a baptized, Mor Philoxenos of Mabbug says,

      “But whoever begins his childhood in this way of life needs to live with the admonition of teachers, being obedient to their words and not judging their faults. Moreover, those teachers should place themselves in the rank of tutors to whom the sons of the heavenly king have been entrusted so that they might bring them up: whose father is the king, and whose brother is king, and their mother is the queen. Just like those who educate princes in the world, they should demonstrate unending diligence for their [student’s] education, along with vigilance and care, so that they might be pleasing to them to their parents, and also to [the princes] when they come to the honor of the kingdom, in the same way also the teacher who has disciples should consider himself to be bringing up princes and should be vigilant and alert, inwardly and outwardly, concerning their precepts and their development.

         It is appropriate, moreover, imitating physicians, that we should behave in this way toward ourselves and toward one another, because there is no physician for whom a disease occurs in his own body who does not show diligence concerning it before (he attempts) to cure the disease of others.”  (Memre-1)

      Self selected; not chosen, called and consecrated by God to be a minister for Him is just like the short lived Absalom.  The builders of the tower of Babel said the same thing “And they said, Go, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth”.  They wanted a name for themselves.  Absalom wanted a name for himself; even if it is by murdering his own father.

      Dn. Monsy Manimalethu Jacob

      Boston, MA, USA