Faith & Traditions of Holy Church

  • John Philip
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 25, 2002

      Dear SOCM members,

       Visit a link related to the Faith & Traditions of our Holy Church

             http://www.stignatious.com/salvation.htm

          (publihed by St.Ignatious Church, Texas - Church link http://www.stignatious.com/ )

      "What Shall I Do To Be Saved?"

      Malankara Malpan Very.Rev. Dr. Curian Kaniyamparambil Corepiscopa

      &  Translated By Mr. Paul Philipose

      John Philip K

      Download exciting Logos, Picture Messages & Ringtones for your mobile phonenew
    • daniel_reji
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 26, 2002
        Dear Johnachan

        "History" always distorted by the so-called historians. Everyone
        makes history books according to their need and their wish. We can't
        do anything for that. If anyone wants to know about the true history,
        they must read all sort of distorted history book and select what
        they think good for their stance. And do not expect true history from
        anyone.

        Now regarding Pampadi Thirumeni appreciate this trend, no sure by all
        means NO, he will not appreciate it. But what his soul can do, he and
        many other saintly fathers of Malankara Church become the toys of
        some so-called faith guardians.

        The tears of these Saintly fathers, should not poured on us or on our
        coming generation, then we and they are lucky.

        Hope they will not cures us.

        Now regarding the Independence craze, it is not going to reach an end. Now Catholicose groups want Independent Indian Church. You already know that the Independence cry started in USA. Many of USA members of so called Independent Church started to ask, “Why we have to be controlled by Devalokam?” If some one from North India started asking same, then the present Catholicose Group leaders can’t deny it. If this trend is going to keep alive, very soon in Malankara, you will see many Independent Church. It’s going to be a chain reaction. It is not their mistake; it is their faith (at least for time being). In the courtrooms and forums they may claim they are OO, but mostly their leadership and theologians are favoring Bethsyine Orthodox (EO) traditions. It’s reflected even in their official Church Web Pages

        Thomas Daniel

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@y..., "Fr. John Kunjukunju" <fatherjohnkk@h...>
        wrote:
        > Dear Reji,
        > What to do? I am in between the deep see and the devil. I am deeply
        upset by reading the distorted history of the Church. Not one word
        about our relationship with Antioch! Would Pampadi thirumeni
        appreciate this trend?
      • thomas_pa1
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 28, 2002
          > Now regarding the Independence craze, it is not going to reach an
          end. Now Catholicose groups want Independent Indian Church. You
          already know that the Independence cry started in USA. Many of USA
          members of so called Independent Church started to ask, "Why we have
          to be controlled by Devalokam?" If some one from North India started
          asking same, then the present Catholicose Group leaders can't deny it.
          > Thomas Daniel

          Malankara churches throughout the world are under the Malankara
          Holy Synod and there is no independence movement. They are all
          going to participate in the upcoming Malankara Associaton.
          What is the status of Knanaya church, Malankara archdiocese of
          America and Canada etc.? In my understanding they are now seperated
          (Independent) of Malankara. This is also one form of independence.
          This kind of independence (removing Malankara dependency) will not
          help the younger generation much. We need to teach young people that
          we are Indians with a distict civilization. It is because of this
          civilization that we follow the same life style in family life like
          people of other religions in India. Thus the value system is based
          on Indian civilization. For this reason alone, Malankara Orthodox
          parents in America want to teach Indian traditions to young people.
          All most all parishes are planning to participate in the upcoming
          association. Is Bava forcing parishes to particpate. No, it is the
          parish general body deciding whether to participate of not. Let us
          work for unity in our church and maintain our distinct identity as
          ancient christians of India.

          -T