Malankara World Journal Issue 183, Theme-Advent IV

  • Jacob Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 18, 2013
      Malankara World Journal Issue 183, Theme-Advent IV: God Keeps His Promises (Dec 19, 2013)

      The Malankara World Journal Issue 183 (December 19, 2013) is available online at:

      TABLE OF CONTENTS Issue No: 183
      Advent IV: God Keeps His Promises

      1. Bible Readings for This Sunday (December 22)

      Bible Readings For The Sunday before Christmas (Genealogy Sunday)

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/Lectionary/Lec_sunday-before-christmas.htm

      2. Sermons for This Sunday (December 22)

      Sermons for the Sunday Before Christmas (Genealogy Sunday)

      http://www.Malankaraworld.com/Library/Sermons/Sermon-of-the-week_sunday-before-Christmas.htm

      3. Making Christmas Come Alive: The Message in Matthew's Genealogy of Jesus

      When Matthew begins his Gospel with the line "a record of the genealogy of Jesus, the son of David, the son of Abraham", something really profound is being conveyed. Let's unpack them one by one. ...

      4. Malankara World Journal Special on Genealogy of Jesus

      For more in-depth look at the genealogy of Jesus Christ read the Malankara World Journal Issue 114 - a special on the Genealogy of Jesus Christ.

      5. Featured: Story of Joseph-Chapter 6 - Are You Willing to Face Your Past?

      We continue our reflections on the life of Joseph (OT). When we left last week, Joseph was in prison on false charges. But God was with him. Joseph helps Pharaoh to interpret his dream. As a result, he was appointed the Prime Minister of Egypt - second only to Pharaoh in power! Today we will look at the reunion of Joseph and his brothers. We learn an important lesson here on reconciliation and repentance. A repentance requires that we should be courageous enough to face the past, acknowledge that we were wrong and ask forgiveness. Read on. ...

      6. Advent IV: God Keeps His Promises

      On the fourth Sunday of Advent (Advent IV), we celebrate God's faithfulness in sending Jesus, and we remember that faithfulness as we look forward to Christ's second coming. ...

      7. The Journey To Bethlehem is Not Comfortable!

      During the season of Advent, we are all invited to travel our own personal "road to Bethlehem". When we arrive at our destination on Christmas Day, we will hopefully be closer to the Lord than when we began the journey. Over the course of these few weeks, we have the opportunity to look at our lives and attempt to find ways of becoming closer to Christ. One of the biggest mistakes we can make is to "take the easy way out" and do nothing or choose only those spiritual practices with which we are comfortable. If we look at the lives of Mary, Joseph, the shepherds and the wise men — there was nothing easy about the journey to Bethlehem. ...

      8. Christmas Is a Promise

      Let's get back to what Christmas truly is: a celebration of the birth of Jesus. I like Christmas, actually. I think that at its very best, Christmas is a promise. At its best, Christmas is spending time with family and friends, enjoying holiday meals, laughing together, exchanging gifts, and worshiping together. I think all of these are a glimpse of things to come - because Christmas is really a promise of heaven, a promise of something better. ...

      9. A God Who Descends

      The Christ child in the manger is forever an indication of the great lengths God will go to reconcile his creation, a savior willing to descend that we might be able to ascend with him. "Welkin" is an old English term meaning "the vault of heaven." In this dramatic word, Wesley illustrates the crux of Christian theology: All of heaven opened up for the birth of a king and the rebirth of humanity. The vault of God was thrown open to make way for the one who was coming and all that would come as a result of it. ...

      10. Hymn: Comfort, Comfort, Ye My People

      11. Malankara World Christmas Supplement

      To learn more about the spiritual significance of Christmas, Malankara World has created a special supplement so you can read all about it in depth. Click below to visit:
      Malankara World Christmas Supplement
      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/Seasonal/Christmas/Default.htm

      12. Health: Healthy Eating During the Holidays

      For many people, the holidays involve indulging in buffet tables loaded with lots of fattening, processed foods and sugary sweets.

      For those of us who strive the rest of the year to eat a healthy diet while leading busy lives, it can be a challenging time. Not only are we busier than ever, we know that all those foods we usually try to avoid are going to give us indigestion, sap our energy, and pile on the pounds. ...

      13. Recipe: Roasted Cauliflower With Cranberries and Crispy Onions

      A festive-looking accompaniment for almost any holiday main course. ...

      14. Holiday Baking Tips For Gluten-free Foods

      If there's one downside to fabulous, food-filled holiday celebrations, it's the gurgles and groans of post-feasting indigestion.

      We assume it's because we over-ate, but for a lot of people, that pain and sick feeling may not be about how much you ate but what you ate. ...

      15. About Malankara World

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World Journal online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      Dr. Jacob Mathew
      Malankara World