Angel of death & Man and wife becoming one in resurrection

  • Vatachal Thomas John
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2013
      In our Thakso  d' Upio there is a reference to the Angel of Death. It is in the First      Thesmestho for the burial of adult men vide the last song Bovutho of Mor Yacoob.
      The song refers to the angel as EERE MALAKA.who is sent by the Lord to take the life of any person  at the appointed time of his death. Is this the correct view of the Church. ?

      Again in the Third Thesmestho for the burial of adult women, vide  the last song bovutho of Mor Balai it is stated that the relation of the dead woman with her husband
       (or predeceased husband) has ceased to exist perhaps referring to the dectum of marriage
       THE TWINE SHALL BE ONE  as stated by our Lord (Vide Mk. 10 : 8)  The song in continuation, prays that the husband and wife be one in resurection.It seems, this is contrary to Mt 22 :  29 -33 Or is it simply to ensure that both man and his wife are  in Heaven rather than having  one is in Heaven and other in the Hell.In any case is it proper to sing the song for burial of a woman who died as a spinster