Date of the Church Festival QUDOS EEDTHO

  • Vatachal Thomas John
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2013
      As per our prayer books the Qudos EeDtho falls on the FIRST Sunday falling on 30th October or after that date but not later than 5th November. Thus the  Qudos Eedtho may
      come on any of  the following dates

         30th October
          31st October
             1st November
              2nd November
               3rd November
                4th November
                 5th November.
      The number of days is only SEVEN. As such there can be no second Sunday falling on the above dates. So the direction to  celebrate the festival on the FIRST Sunday. seems to be beyond comprehension; it is enough to say that  qusdos Eedtho is celebrated on THE SUNDAY COMING ON OR AFTER THE THIRTIETH OCTOBER EVERY YEAR.

      It may kindly be examined whether in the Calendar in force in Seema will have two Sundays between the corresponding dates as per that calendar.

      V T John
      vtjohn100:yahoo.co.in
      ID 3085