Re: [SOCM-FORUM] Re: Ethiopian Orthodox Church

  • V Thomas
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 25, 2002
      Dear Thomas,
      You have quoted History.Why we go to the history of some other place.Our
      history is that the church was under Partiarch of Antioh
      and east from the begining.No other group was there in Kerala till Portugese
      came.All were following the Syriac litergy and rites.
      The books burned by the bishop Menzes were our syriac pryer books and
      records.

      Or leave very old history.Can we believe the saint of Kerala,Parumala
      Thirumeni,who wanted us to be loyal to Patriarch.He cannot be partially
      wrong in that aspect.

      If present,Bava is a great person ,as you say why can't he go for a give
      and take policy.?Why he is after Jacobite group?He is a Holy man
      and supposed to pardon seventy times.But actions show hollowness instead of
      Holiness.He sent a parallel priest to Manarkadchurch to establish the
      kingdom of God?
      Or he is listening to Satan who says he can rule the whole world.(Atleast
      jacobites) if he listen to him..
      I know about him from days he was the Metropolitan of Kollam. He tried
      occupy one church by entering,through the window.Incase of doubt
      check with him.Otherwise I will give more deatils. That definitely was not
      praying.!!Incommon mans dictionary it is greed!

      When christs disciples quarelled for seniority and positions,He scolded
      them.The yerning for positions in the world at any rate
      is not what christ taught.In the early centuries this work of -percecuting
      fellow christians,was with Pope!Now the work is handed over to
      Kottayam Catholicose.Now Pope is going around and apolagising.!!
      When Partiarch was at Kerala during Kananaya Metropolitans Powrohithya
      Jubilee,many leading figures tried to bring catholicos
      atleast for a tea together with Patriarch to sort out matters..The Orthodox
      leadership was not ready for that.(There is many witness to it.)
      That is their Christian spirit.
      Now they go around talking about peace,eccuminism etc.But can not amicably
      settle things with their own brothers.They go around importing Great
      Bishops/Archbishop and Partiarchs from Kazakistan,Unzbekkistan
      and God knows from where all, but can not accept their own high priest
      (whom the supreme court confirms and
      they themselves accept in the costitution.)
      This double standard.You cannot serve God and Mamon together

      Regards