He who has My commandments and keeps them..."

  • shibu podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2013
      He who has My commandments and keeps them..."

      John 14:21: “He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”

      Open my understanding, Lord Jesus: let me see your commandments. Let me love your commandments.  Let me delight to do your will, Lord, Ps. 40:8. May love move me to obedience, John 14:15.

      May I ever remember your love and your obedience, Lord Jesus. May love for you fill my heart now, Lord, so I may receive your commandments. Amen.

      ·       Love for God’s Word and delight in doing God’s will belong together, Ps. 40:8: “I delight to do Your will, O my God, And Your law is within my heart.” If we are not drawn to God’s Word, we must stir up ourselves and cry out to God.

      ·       Note from John 14:21 [quoted in the beginning]: Jesus reveals Himself to us when we obey His commandments. O Lord, may my heart love to obey your Word.

      ·       We have fellowship with the Father and the Son when we obey the Word, John 14:23, “Jesus answered and said to him, 'If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.”' May my heart ever long for fellowship with you, O God.

      Quote: “When we have left this life we shall not have a second chance of bearing the cross for Christ.” Sadhu Sundar Singh

      Thankful for your prayers, your brother

      Luke Shibu Podiyan
      Washington, D.C.

      "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
      Watch your words, they become actions.
      Watch your actions, they become habit.
      Watch your habits, they become character.
      Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."