Kolenchery Update

  • DAWN BABY VARGHESE
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2013
             Prayer Time For Jacobite Syrian Church

      04 OCT 2013;
      23:55 Hrs

      Today was a gloomy one for the Jacobite Syrian Church as the honourable Kerala High Court rejected our appeal regarding the St. Peter's & St. Paul's Jacobite Syrian Church, Kolenchery. Thousands of faithful belonging to the Jacobite Syrian Church are thronging to Kolenchery, since noon. Church Trustee Thampu George is leading them along with Metropolitans H.G. Athanasius Alias and Yausebius Kuriakose.

      Adding to our woes was the sudden illness of Bava , who was hospitalized early this morning due to breathing trouble and fever. Since noon the Orthodox faction had been rejoicing claiming that the High Court has awarded the church to them. But it is learnt  that what they have got from the HC is actually a 'decree' (Just the operative part of the judgement). It only indicates that the appeal is rejected. It does not rule that the Orthodox faction can open the church straightway, for which they should file an execution petition.

      The Orthodox Catholicose and companions are camping in the Catholicate Centre since afternoon. Presently, a few Orthodox people are camping inside the Kolenchery Church and the Jacobite faithful outside the church. Numerous policemen are also camping at the premises. These are the moments when we really realize the value of our precious gem- Dr. Baselious Thomas-I Bava, the Jacob Burdano of Malankara.

      It is very much painful to realize that, if no miracles are happening, tomorrow morning will not be ours.

      Let's Remain In Prayers,

      DBV
      For SOCM News
      Puthencruz
    • mathaithebanker

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 7, 2013
          Dearly beloved,

          As now may be plainly seen from this situation, on a fundamental level the term "justice" has lost its meaning. Also the term "charity", essential to knowing God, seems foreign. It remains astonishing that a group of "Christians" may displace a majority of people in the pursuit of mammon. The affront to democratic principles in favor of legalese and "grease" is appalling.

          As someone noted, looking at our people as a whole, money is not a big issue. We can build another church if needed. Though we cannot easily attach the same historic and personal sentiment to a different construction, our Lord's presence and a peaceful atmosphere may restore several fold anything that may be lost.

          Let this be a wake up call for all. Outside India, our faithful families who remain, suffering for our cause, have family members attending services and contributing funds to the same people trying to wipe us out in India. Though not directly, they are supporting these attacks on the mother church. At the same time, the manpower and brain drain weighs on the global development of our community.

          Some will excuse claiming that we are behind in development. I say, given our circumstances, it is miraculous that we still exist. Be part of the miracle! If we can return even just 10% of those we have "lost" for whatever convenience, we will be the much better for it. We will also gain their future generations.

          If we do not shake ourselves now, and fail to band together worldwide, we risk every good thing delivered to us by our forefathers. God help us all!

          Warm regards in Christ,

          Fr. Zach Varghese
          Member 903

        • DAWN BABY VARGHESE
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 7, 2013
          Kolenchery Update:- DAY-04

          07 OCT 2013, 23:55 Hrs

          Monday was a crucial and miraculous day in our "Struggle For Justice". H.B. Dr. Baselious Thomas-I Bava although seen physically tired, indicated clearly that he is concrete-minded and extremely determined. Bava declared strongly that he does not care for his life and �will not terminate indefinite fasting until his prayers are answered. Metropolitans, priests and nuns of our church are leading the prayers along with thousands of faithful who are still camping at the venue, expressing solidarity to Bava.�

          A Great March will be conducted by the Jacobite Syrian Youth Association in the town, tomorrow evening, seeking justice and expressing solidarity to Bava.

          Earlier in the day honourable MLAs Sri. Saju Paul(Perumbavoor), �Sri. Anwar Sadath (Alwaye) and Sri. V.P Sajeendran (Kunnathunadu) and various other leaders visited Bava and held discussions with our Church leadership. Church trustee Thampu George is adjacent to Bava 24x7.

          A very interesting miracle happened at the church in the evening, which was the highlight of the day. The Orthodox faction reached the church in the afternoon for the funeral of one of their faithful. As instructed by our beloved Bava, our people observed silence and remained in prayers for the peaceful funeral of the departed soul. The Orthodox faction entered the church premises and started unlocking the main door of the church, when Almighty acted. The lock could not be opened at all, even as their leaders tried all possible techniques, one by one for over an hour. They brought the spare key and tried again, but the lock remained unopened. Consequently, they took the body to the cemetery and buried it without entering the church and conducting prayers. It seems, even the life-less lock has decided to unlock itself only to the actual owner of the church !!!

          Our beloved Bava is still on his knees, neglecting adverse heat of the sun and cold waves caused by the rains, whether it be day time or night time. His Beatitude is in prayers even when the faithful are asleep (Attached photo was taken at 02:00 AM on Monday). It is our responsibility to join our Bava in his prayers, wherever we are. Our Prince Patriarch, H.H. Ignatius Zakka-I Iwas has also asked us to remain in fasting and prayers for three days.�

          Let us Remain In Prayers !!!

          Long Live Patriarchal Throne !!!!!!!

          In Prayers,

          DBV