Malankara World Journal Issue 170 - Theme: Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church

  • Jacob Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2013

      The Malankara World Journal Issue 170 - Theme: Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church - (July 19, 2013) is available online at:

      TABLE OF CONTENTS Issue No: 170
      Theme: Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church

      1. Foreword

      2. Bible Readings for This Sunday (September 22)

      Bible Readings For the 2nd Sunday After Sleebo Feast
      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/Lectionary/Lec_2nd_sunday-after-sleebo.htm

      3. Sermons for This Sunday (September 22)

      Sermons for the Second Sunday After Sleebo
      http://www.Malankaraworld.com/Library/Sermons/Sermon-of-the-week_2nd-sunday-after-Sleebo.htm

      4. We are all invited to be One Heart and One Spirit in the House of God - Patriarchal Journal

      All of us are invited to be living members in the sacramental body of Christ which is the church: obedient to the Lord Jesus who is the head of the body, in harmony with each other like the members of one whole body to be of one heart and spirit. Yes, the Lord Jesus had established his church on the basis of faith in him, that he is the Son of the living God. God announced this subject on the tongue of the chief of the apostles, Saint Peter, who said to the Lord Jesus, "You are Messiah the Son of the living God." So, he blessed him saying, "For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father in heaven. And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it." ....

      5. The Church - The Bride of Christ - A Love Song for the Church

      Sometimes you read a poem or a love story or an article and your heart is immediately drawn to it like a magnet. The ability to do it is what makes an ordinary author into an extraordinary one. The following poem is a love story written by a lay person about what the Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church means to him. I hope you feel inspired and excited reading it as I felt when I first read it. Yes, church is a gem Jesus has left for us. He loves it like His Bride. Read on. ...

      6. The Church Which Christ Builds

      What is this Church? What is it like? What are its marks? Where is it to be found? On all these points I have something to say. I am going to unfold the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, which stand at the head of this page. He declares, "Upon this rock I will build My Church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." ...

      7. Jesus and His Church Are One

      Like our Jewish neighbors, we have always believed that God chooses us and gives us the supernatural gift of faith. It's not that we decide our faith. You bet, we freely decide how firmly and generously we will live out our faith, but we are "born into" a Church. Faith is a gift from God given us on the day of our baptism into His Church. ...

      8. Mother Church - A Widow Who Defends Her Children Waiting for an Encounter With Her Spouse - Pope Francis

      She is a Church that, when she is faithful, knows how to cry. When the Church does not cry, something is not right. She weeps for her children, and prays! A Church that goes forward and does rear her children, gives them strength and accompanies them until the final farewell in order to leave them in the hands of her Spouse, who at the end will come to encounter her. This is our Mother Church! ...

      9. Ten Hard Truths About the Church of the Lord Jesus Christ

      Jesus has populated His church with frail humans like you and me, and wonder of wonders, assigned some of us to responsibilities within that church. What a risk He was taking! Because the church is made up of people who are flawed and sometimes malformed and always still in process, the Lord's church is often in trouble, forever struggling, and frequently an embarrassment. The church is always vulnerable to the whims of its members, the pressures of its surrounding culture, and the variables of its pastors who come and go.

      So, it's a two-sided coin. The church is divine, yet human. The church belongs to Jesus who has promised to build it and guarantee its success. Yet, it's fragile and vulnerable. ...

      10. God's Dwelling Place

      Are we satisfied with what God has given us? Even more so, what about His promise we have that His Holy Spirit lives within us? John 1:14 says that the Word became flesh and tabernacled (dwelt) among us. Jesus came to earth to dwell with us. He left us His Holy Spirit who dwells in us today. Paul tells us in First Corinthians 6:19 that our bodies are the "temple" of the Holy Spirit, so we are now God's dwelling place, for those who have accepted Jesus as Savior. ...

      11. Family Special: Gift from the Sea

      The "veritable life" of our emotions and our relationships also is intermittent. When you love someone you do not love them all the time, in exactly the same way, from moment to moment. It is an impossibility. It is even a lie to pretend to. And yet this is exactly what most of us demand. We have so little faith in the ebb and flow of life, of love, of relationships. ...

      12. Health: Can This 'Health Food' Shrink Your Manhood?

      ... And the more estrogen that gets into your blood, the more your manhood shrinks. That means more belly fat, your energy tanks and your sex life goes the way of the woolly mammoth. ...

      13. Will, Fern, and the Power of Encouragement

      There will always be people in your life ready to tell you what you can't do. Real friends root for you, support you and help you discover your inner talents and strengths. ...

      14. About Malankara World

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World Journal online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      Dr. Jacob Mathew
      Malankara World