We Always Need the Intercession of Our High Priest

  • shibu podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2013
      We Always Need the Intercession of Our High Priest

      We Always Need the Intercession of Our High Priest: We have abiding comfort in remembering that the Lord Jesus is our High Priest interceding for us. We read in Heb. 7:25: “Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.”  [“uttermost” = perfectly, at all times; “make intercession” = make petition to God and intercede with Him and intervene for them; “salvation” = all that God has for us through grace ] Note that “always” here implies that we are always in need of Jesus’ intercession. Even as the Lord’s intercession for us is continuous, the resulting transformation in our inner being also is continuous. While our physical body is decaying moment by moment, our inner life is being transformed moment by moment, from glory to glory, 2 Cor. 3:18; Rom. 12:1-2. Every thought we think in Christ transforms us. Every word we speak in Christ transforms us. Every prayer we pray in Christ’s name transforms us. Every deed we do in Christ’s name transforms us. Every self-denial we do for love’s sake transforms us. Every adversity or suffering we endure in faith transforms us. May all this be done for the sake of love, for the One who died for us. Lord Jesus, you are my merciful High Priest. We bless you for your intercession. Let us  rejoice knowing that you are saving us to the uttermost. Amen.

      Thankful for your prayers,

      Bro. Luke Shibu Podiyan
      Washington, D.C.

      "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
      Watch your words, they become actions.
      Watch your actions, they become habit.
      Watch your habits, they become character.
      Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."