Malankara World Journal Ettu Nomb Special: Day - 7, Issue 167 (September 7, 2013)

  • Jacob Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6 8:40 AM
      Malankara World Journal Ettu Nomb Special: Day - 7, Issue 167  (September 7, 2013)

      This is a special edition of Malankara World Journal for the Ettu Nombu, an exclusive lent observed by Malankara Christians worldwide.

      Issue 167 for Ettu Nomb Day - 7 (September 7, 2013) is now available online at:

      This is the last of the specials for Ettu Nomb - 2013. Issue 168 (dated Sept 8, 2013) is a special for the Nativity of the Theotokos (Day 8 of Eight Days Lent). You can find it here:

      TABLE OF CONTENTS Issue No: 167
      Ettu Nomb (8 Days Lent) Special - Day 7

      1. Foreword

      2. Inspiration for Today

      3. Featured: Mary and Jesus: The Most Privileged Among Women

      There are some thing you just don't want to go through alone. We don't like to go through trouble alone. If you get sick with nobody to look after you, you'll probably feel more miserable. If you lose your job, or your spouse or your child, you need somebody to help you make it through. Mary teaches us that no matter what problems you face, the Lord is with you. The angel says "Do not be afraid." (Luke 1:30) But we wouldn't blame Mary if she were afraid. ...

      4. The Whole Bible in One Message

      Suppose you had 30 minutes. Could you tell the story of the Bible in a half-hour? Most of us would have a hard time doing that. Dr. Pritchard does this amazingly. The whole story of redemption of mankind... If we imagine the Bible as a great sanctuary and every book in the Bible as a seat in the sanctuary, then we can say wherever you go in the Bible, you've got a great view because you can see Jesus everywhere. ...

      5. Jesus Is The Future

      Approximately 300 passages in Scripture allude to Christ's second coming-a return that will be swift, righteous, and unexpected for many. Jesus gave His word that He would be back, and through that promise, we can find tangible hope and clear direction for our lives today. ...

      6. If You Seek Him, Jesus Will Find You

      The first person Jesus revealed Himself to as "the Christ" was the Samaritan woman (John 4). And the first person Jesus revealed Himself to after His death was Mary Magdalene. If you, male or female, are seeking Jesus, He will reveal Himself to you. He shows no partiality or favoritism. We are all given the same Holy Spirit, and one day, we each will behold our Lord face to face. ...

      7. Finish the Race With God at Your Side

      Life is not a race we are going to win. At some point, whether because of this fallen world or our own sin nature, all of us will stumble and fall. Many people believe that these times of tragedy prove God either does not exist, or simply does not care what happens to us, but they are wrong. ...

      8. Hidden Hardships Behind Closed Doors

      Long before Susanna had an inkling of how difficult her married life would be, she made the Lord a promise. When she was young, Susanna committed that for every hour she spent in entertainment, she would give the same amount of time to Him in prayer and in the Word. ...

      9. Prayer/Hymn - Iesu, Dulcis Memoria - Jesus, the very thought of Thee

      Iesu, Dulcis Memoria is a celebrated 12th century hymn attributed to St. Bernard of Clairvaux (1090-1153), Doctor Mellifluus. The entire hymn has some 42 to 53 stanzas depending upon the manuscript. ...

      10. More Resources For Study and Reflection

      Malankara World Supplement on St. Mary plus other publications of interest.

      11. About Malankara World

      Read all the articles and features in this Malankara World Journal Special online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      Dr. Jacob Mathew
      Malankara World