Malankara World Journal Ettu Nomb Special: Day - 4, Issue 164 (Sep 4, 2013)

  • Jacob Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2013
      Malankara World Journal Ettu Nomb Special: Day - 4, Issue 164  (Sep 4, 2013)

      This is a special edition of Malankara World Journal for the Ettu Nombu, an exclusive lent observed by Malankara Christians worldwide.

      Issue 164 for Ettu Nomb: Day - 4 (September 4, 2013) is now available online at:

      TABLE OF CONTENTS Issue No: 164
      Ettu Nomb (8 Days Lent) Special - Day 4

      1. Foreword

      ...That is what our Theotokos is all about. That is why Jesus loved her and Christians adore her as our mother. What a loving mother she is!!

      2. Inspiration for Today: Mary’s Song (Magnificat)

      3. Featured: The Magnificat: Mary's Own Prayer

      Magnificat is the longest discourse recorded of Mary in Divine Revelation. Many are the stories written telling about the heart of Mary as shown in that beautiful prayer. Certainly inspired, it was pronounced by Mary herself when she was carrying the Divine Child in her womb. It is the perfect act of humility and of profound humble adoration. It is part of the Church's liturgy. It is indeed the prayer of consecrated souls and all clients of Mary. ..

      4. Walk in Hope - Be Open to Surprises and Joy

      In the face of those moments of discouragement we experience in life, in our efforts to evangelize or to embody our faith as parents within the family, I would like to say forcefully: Always know in your heart that God is by your side; he never abandons you! Let us never lose hope! ...

      Jesus has shown us that the face of God is that of a loving Father. Sin and death have been defeated. Christians cannot be pessimists! They do not look like someone in constant mourning. ..

      5. Why We Don't Like Grace

      That's why, even though we sing about it and say we love it, something inside us resists the idea of grace. That same something insists that I am sufficient for my needs, that my good works will accomplish everything necessary to land me in Heaven, that the rest is just so much religious talk. ...

      6. Understanding Grace

      As we grow in our relationship with Jesus Christ, we begin to understand that He truly cares about our lives. We learn that He wants to build intimate relationships with us. Instead of living in terror of Him, we are given an opportunity to be children of the King of kings. Suddenly, we begin to understand He wants us in his throne room, where grace showers all who enter into His presence. ...

      7. Hymn: What can wash away my sin?

      8. Be Still and Know God

      Today, make it a point to be still before God. Quiet your mind of all the things on your agenda and just focus on Him. Let Him love you, let Him speak to your heart, and let Him fill you with peace and strength each and every day. ...

      9. Greek Orthodox Prayer on The Nativity of the Theotokos and Ever-Virgin Mary

      10. How Your Works Can Be Acceptable Before God

      On our own, our spiritual currency is worthless – our good works are but filthy rags. But in Christ, as we work out our salvation, Jesus exchanges our filthy rags and turns them into true spiritual service. So as you do good works in His name, be confident He'll one day say, "Well done, good and faithful servant!" ...

      11. Prayer of Mary

      The Annunciation reveals the meaning of the Christian vocation. The Virgin of Nazareth teaches us how to live our real lives in a real world, by saying Yes to the One who created the world and is recreating it through His Son. When the Angel of the Lord appeared, bearing the message and calling her to a special mission, she said "YES." We are invited to say "Yes" as well and believe that "nothing is impossible with God." ...

      12. More Resources For Study and Reflection

      Malankara World Supplement on St. Mary plus other publications of interest.

      13. About Malankara World

      Read all the articles and features in this Malankara World Journal Special online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      Dr. Jacob Mathew
      Malankara World