Malankara World Journal Ettu Nomb Special Day-3, Issue 163 (Sep 3, 2013)

  • Jacob Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2013
      Malankara World Journal Ettu Nomb Special Day - 3, Issue 163  (Sep 3, 2013)

      This is a special edition of Malankara World Journal for the Ettu Nombu, an exclusive lent observed by Malankara Christians worldwide.

      Issue 163 for Ettu Nomb Day - 3 (September 3, 2013) is now available online at:

      TABLE OF CONTENTS Issue No: 163
      Ettu Nomb (8 Days Lent) Special - Day 3

      1. Inspiration for Today: Jesus' Joy

      If you're a Christian, you know that Christianity is supposed to be about joy. You probably also know that you're supposed to experience joy in spite of circumstances.... There's a joy that the deepest trouble can't put out and, if properly nourished and nurtured, can even overwhelm the greatest grief. ...

      2. Featured: The Virgin Mary's Role In Salvation History

      From the Annunciation to the Crucifixion of her Son, Mary can be seen as God's ultimate validation of free will. The Virgin Mary's obedience to the will of God as conveyed to her in the angel Gabriel's message was no less voluntary in its affirmation than the disobedience of the virgin Eve had been in its negation. ...

      Mary, as the first human to kiss the face of God and the first to believe in Jesus as her Savior, took her place in Salvation History as the first Christian. She is also the one disciple of Jesus who didn't flee or doubt when all the others fled and doubted, but who stayed and accepted to the very end the burden of being under the Cross. Down through the ages the weeping Mary of the Cross witnessing her son's torture and death stands in solidarity with all believers who also suffer and live under the shadow of the Cross. ...

      3. Love Like Jesus

      It's clear we please Jesus by bearing fruit. But what kind of fruit? The fruit that comes from every good work. Ephesians 2:10 says, "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works...that we should walk in them." This is our purpose, one we have been gloriously restored to by the Resurrection and which flows naturally from our restored identity. Works cannot save us, but without the fruit of good works, we lack the evidence that identifies us as new creations in Christ! ...

      4. Peace From Jesus - More Solid Than Fear

      Jesus offers peace in uncertainty, mercy in brokenness, something solid when all is lost. He speaks of peace can that transcend understanding when we cling to the one who gives us life. It is worth noting that his use of the word "peace" here portrays a quiet state of mind, which is infinitely dissimilar to a mind that has been silenced by coercion or despair- emotions some associate with religion. ...

      5. Hymn: Shall We Not Love Thee, Mother

      6. Saint Anselm's Prayer in Honor of Virgin Mary's Nativity

      7. Ten Commandments Aren't Fashionable, But Are Hymn to Love - Pope Francis

      Pope Francis admits that the very idea of a commandment is not fashionable today, but that the Ten Commandments come from a God who wants what is best for us. They are "not a hymn to 'no,' but to 'yes,'" he says, "a 'yes' to God, a 'yes' to Love, and because I say 'yes' to Love, I say 'no' to non-Love." ...

      8. More Resources For Study and Reflection

      Malankara World Supplement on St. Mary plus other publications of interest.

      9. About Malankara World

      Read all the articles and features in this Malankara World Journal Special online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      Dr. Jacob Mathew
      Malankara World