Malankara World Journal Ettu Nomb Special: Day - 2, Issue 162 (Sep 2, 13)

  • Jacob Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2013

      This is a special edition of Malankara World Journal for the Ettu Nombu, an exclusive lent observed by Malankara Christians worldwide.

      Issue 162 for Ettu Nomb Day - 2 (September 2, 2013) is now available online at:

      TABLE OF CONTENTS Issue No: 162
      Ettu Nomb (8 Days Lent) Special - Day 2

      1. Inspiration for Today: Lord Knows Us

      2. Featured: Dr. Scott Hahn on Blessed St. Mary

      Why give glory and honor and devotion to Mary?" Because we do whatever Jesus tells us. And we do whatever Jesus does because the fundamental axiom of Christian morality is the imitation of Christ, and he is the best of the best when it comes to being a son. Not only a Son of his heavenly Father but a Son of his earthly mother. ...

      We honor Christ and we glorify him and we imitate him. If we really imitate him, we do what he does and we honor and bestow glory upon his mother. Not instead of him. It isn't undermining devotion to Christ. It's to express our devotion of Christ, our worship of Christ by imitating him. And if we do it we're going to be able to see in her face, the face of our mother, because Jesus has taken on her flesh and blood and given us his own Divine nature. ...

      3. How You Can Have Hope in Any Circumstance

      In Jesus Christ, there's always hope. So whether your circumstances today seem good or bad, you can always have hope because of what He's done for you in the past and what He's promised you for the future. ...

      4. You Are Accountable for What You Fail to See

      God never again opens the doors that have been closed. He opens other doors, but He reminds us that there are doors which we have shut-doors which had no need to be shut. Never be afraid when God brings back your past. Let your memory have its way with you.  ...

      5. Hymn: Thou, Beautiful and Good

      6. Prayer: Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Litany of Loretto)

      7. Are You Ever Troubled? - Peace From Jesus

      There are times in our lives when our peace is based simply on our own ignorance. But when we are awakened to the realities of life, true inner peace is impossible unless it is received from Jesus. ...

      8. More Resources For Study and Reflection

      Malankara World Supplement on St. Mary plus other publications of interest.

      9. About Malankara World

      Read all the articles and features in this Malankara World Journal Special online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      Dr. Jacob Mathew
      Malankara World