Malankara World Journal Issue 160 - Theme: Marriage and Divorce

  • Jacob Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28 9:21 AM
      The Malankara World Journal Issue 160 - Theme: Marriage and Divorce -
      (August 29, 2013) is available online at:

      *TABLE OF CONTENTS Issue No: 160*
      *Theme: Marriage and Divorce*

      1. Foreword

      Christian marriage. Need for the church to provide support to families.
      Forum on Depression in the MASOC Family and Youth Conference at Dallas, TX.

      2. Malankara World Supplement on Saint Mary, The Mother of God

      To learn more about St. Mary, her life, and her role in the Church,
      please visit Malankara World Supplement on St. Mary.
      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/shunoyo/StMary.htm

      3. Malankara World Journal Ettu Nombu (Eight Days Lent) Specials

      Malankara World Journal will publish special editions for each day of
      the Eight Days Lent (Ettu Nombu) starting on September 1. Observe the
      lent with prayers and meditations. ...

      4. Bible Readings for This Sunday (September 1)

      Bible Readings for the Third Sunday after Shunoyo
      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/Lectionary/Lec_3rd_sunday-after-shunoyo.htm

      5. Sermons for This Sunday (September 1)

      Sermons for the Third Sunday After Shunoyo
      http://www.Malankaraworld.com/Library/Sermons/Sermon-of-the-week_3rd-sunday-after-Shunoyo.htm

      6. God Hates Divorce

      This is the type of poem that breaks my heart because it represents so
      many children who are torn apart by divorce. No matter what you are
      experiencing in your marriage, and no matter how tough it is, just
      remember the impact that staying together will have on your children. ...

      7. Featured: Marriage, Divorce And Remarriage in the Orthodox Church

      The question is often asked what the Orthodox position is on marriage.
      The answer to this question should be sought in the Orthodox teaching on
      the "mystery or the sacrament" of marriage. We also know that the Roman
      Catholic Church considers marriage as a sacrament. There is however a
      very important difference which should be clarified here. ...

      8. Divorce, Orthodox Style, Referenced by Pope Francis

      Orthodoxy regards the marriage bond as, in principle, lifelong and
      indissoluble, and it condemns the breakdown of marriage as a sin and an
      evil. But while condemning the sin, the church still desires to help the
      sinners and to allow them a second chance. When, therefore, a marriage
      has entirely ceased to be a reality, the Orthodox Church does not insist
      on the preservation of a legal fiction. ...

      9. Jesus On Divorce, Remarriage, and Celibacy

      Points to ponder and detailed sermon outlines. ...

      10. Orthodox Marriage

      From time to time it is necessary for us to discuss topical matters
      such as marriage as candidly as possible from a Christian perspective,
      especially in a society that is assaulting marriage more openly than we
      have ever known or experienced in the past. ...

      11. Family Special: Giving To Each Other Unconditionally in Marriage

      John Powell describes different kinds of relationships, including one he
      calls "pan-scale love." A pan scale is what Lady Justice carries. ..
      Powell says that many of us enter courtship or marriage with a pan-scale
      commitment. In the exhilaration of first falling in love, we give 100
      percent of ourselves to our mate, and our end of the pan scale hangs
      heavy with love's offerings. ...

      12. Health: State of the Art Prostate Protection

      Today I'm going to tell you how to get over prostate problems. If you're
      a man, you've either encountered them already or you're going to. You
      may have already found yourself standing over the urinal waiting for
      something to happen and nothing does. But I'm going to show you the
      best, state-of-the-art, natural way to improve your peeing power. ...

      13. Humor: Men and Women

      14. About Malankara World
      ========================

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World
      Journal online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      Dr. Jacob Mathew