Our faith according to St. Severus - 2

  • Thomas P
    Message 1 of 1502 , Jun 5, 2003
      Any other interpretation of Matthew 16: 13-20 is
      not part of the faith.

      After diptych #5, which remembers Apostolic
      fathers, the priest says a prayer: "....muunnu
      pothu sunnahadosuhalile sathyavishwaasamaakunna
      PAARAMEL njangale urappikkeName ...".

      - "sathyavishwaasamaakunna paara".

      From this it is clear that according to the faith
      of the true Syrian Orthodox Church of St. Severus,
      our faith, and the faith of all Orthodox churches,
      the "paara" (Rock) is the "firmness and fixity" of faith.

      We believe in the true Syrian Orthodox faith, which is same
      as the faith of Coptic Orthodox Church. A faith different from
      the true faith of Syrian Orthodox church is unacceptable to us.
      Our unity with Syrian Orthodox Church is in faith, as explained by
      St. Severus and Orthodox fathers. It is a divine spiritual unity.
      It is in this understanding that we need to move forward.
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 1502 of 1502 , Oct 1, 2004
        Dear members

        In our Lords Love