LORDS PRAYER -9

  • MONSY JACOB
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2013
      9.ELO
      FAS-SO LAN ME’N BI-SHO Deliver
      us from the Evil One

                Satan is a real person. He is
      the one who tempted Jesus in the wilderness. He used to work behind the scene
      in the Old Testament using people like Isabel.  In the New Testament, he came forward because
      he saw Jesus coming down to be a man to save humanity.  We come across modern day theologians who
      argue that it is only the state of absence of God. No; Jesus was not tempted by
      an absence of God.   Jesus was not
      interacting with any absence.  They base
      their argument that darkness is not real but only the absence of light. Because
      God is light, absence of god is evil. But they forget the fact that everlasting
      light is only one attribute of God humanly comprehensible. St Paul says “For
      our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against
      the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the
      spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms”(Eph 6:12).
      His Origin. God, the Holy Trinity, existed before and beyond time. God created
      the angels in 3 ranks, just like our priesthood; bishops, priests and deacons.
      The job of the angels was worshiping God as we recite in all our worships.
      Lucifer was a high-ranking angel. He was in the presence of God all the time.
      Some theologians argue that he was the 1st angel created. We know that God is
      the source of everything, matter, energy, simply everything.
      When you and I stand in neon lights etc., don’t we feel our clothes also
      getting radiant?
      Likewise, Lucifer thought he also is a SOURCE of light when he was only a
      recipient of light. Like in all cases, he also had a few followers. He was
      puffed up with his ego.
      He rebelled. His argument was that he existed in the beginning. He argued,
      “When you were there, I was there too. I was there with you when everything
      else was created. We are equal. I should be worshipped too.” One-third of the
      angels supported him.

      Was he right? Yes; in his perspective.

      Why? Because in his beginning it was only him and God.

      Is his perspective right? No, because God existed before him and beyond him.
      But his ego does not allow him to accept it.

      When modern day agnostics and atheists say that there is no absolute truth and
      everything is relative, we know that it is just Lucifer at work.

      So Lucifer and his supporters were cut off from the love and communion of God.
      Lucifer was kicked out. Like a boulder (huge rock) rolling down a mountain, all
      the loose rocks fell down with him -(Divannaseos bar Sleebi; 13th century) Thus
      came Satan and the demons.
      “And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not
      surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness.
      Their end will be what their actions deserve” 2 Corinthians 11: 14-15. He could
      be a friend in campus, a politician, a church leader, a clergy etc. Look at his
      words and deeds. If God’s name is glorified or if his puffed up ego is
      nourished by his actions and speeches. Does he look like Christ, the one who is
      willing to suffer and be humiliated? Or is he a Pharaoh? Is he for his own name
      and glory? Does he humiliate others? Is he an over comer of sin and Satan? Does
      he have humility to begin with?

      “Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes,
      you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to
      stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with
      the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the
      readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up
      the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of
      the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which
      is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of
      prayers and requests.” Eph 6: 13-17.

      Dn. Monsy Manimalethu Jacob