Re: ORIENTAL CONSANGUINITY

  • thomas_pa1@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 15, 2001
      --- In SOCM-FORUM@y..., "Daniel Thomas" <daniel_reji@h...> wrote:
      > Dear Members
      1000s martyrs of Syrian church are there
      in Syria
      > died for their belief, can U show me 1 malayali Malankara Orthodox
      priest a
      > martyr, NEVER U will find.

      St. Thomas!!! St. Thomas was a Malayali Orthodox Apostle who
      died for all Indians. I said St. Thomas was Malayali because
      in Christ race, ethnicity etc. vanishes. Indians (Hindus, Sufi
      Muslims, followers of Budha, Jains, Parsi, Malankara Nazrani etc.)
      were tolerant to other religions and that is why our Church did
      not produce many Martyrs. In the middle-east and West, people
      have an aggressive nature, probably because of excessive meat
      eating and wine drinking. Let us remain thankful to the great
      Indian civilization and maintain it in our lives.

      >Then why should I join subversion against Holy
      > Throne Of Antioch.

      A throne is holy only if it maintains the Orthodox faith.
      This is an ancient teaching. Alexandrian Throne is
      holy because it maintains the true faith. Syrian Church of
      Anthioc currently lives in communion with RC, so the
      Throne is not Holy according to ancient traditions of the
      Church (please read St. Cyril, St. Severus etc on this matter).

      >What Malankara bishop's party has its own apart
      >from what it has acquired from Patriarchs, not even 1 Prayer or saint
      >or priestly name
      > or dress. Slight differences are deliberately made now.

      Almost all the names used by Malankara bishops are
      Coptic/ Greek. Athanasios, Kurillos (Cyril), Diascoros, Makarios,
      Anthonios etc. originated from Coptic Orthodox Church. The name
      Severios is also not Syriac. Infact St. Severios did not write in
      Syriac. Everything he wrote was in Greek.

      The attire currently used by Syriac Orthodox priests are similar
      to that of RC. For example, their cap is similar to that of
      Pope of Rome. Bishops also wear this kind of "makki Thoppi" similar
      to muslims, but in black color. The red attire of Syrian Bishops
      also is a copy of RC tradition. Only in head cover of monks and
      Bishops, the Syrian Orthodox Church truly follows the Alexandrian
      Coptic tradition (i.e. head cover with 13 crosses). Syrians got
      this from Alexandrian monks. The same is used by Indian monks.
      Original Syrian attire for Bishops is very close to what we see
      in Icons of St. Issac of Nineveh (Mar Issahac in Diptych #5) which
      is very similar to that used in North India among Rajasthani People
      and Sikhs (made of a long piece of cloth). Ethiopian Monks also
      wear such head cover made of yellow cloth.

      Hence the argument that Malankara clergy follows Syrian style dressing
      is no justification for the claims of Syrian authority over Apostolic
      Indian (Oriental) Orthodox Church.

      Thomas.
    • BIBU PHILIP MATTHEW
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 13, 2002
        ---
        From the desk of:
        ( Vayaliparambil Pynadath ) BPM
        BIBU PHILIP MATTHEW M
        B.E.(CSE)

        32/1981; NETAJI ROAD
        COCHIN-682 024
        SOUTH INDIA

        email:bibuphilipmathew@...
        :hellobibu@...

        NB:Mail checked once in a month by guarantee.

      • DANIEL BABU PAUL
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 14, 2002
          TOTUS TUUS MARIA
          > NB:Mail checked once in a month by guarantee.

        • Aji Thomas
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 14, 2002
            Thanks for the nice and informative article

            Aji

            --- BIBU PHILIP MATTHEW
            <bibuphilipmathew@...> wrote:
            > ---
            > From the desk of:
            > ( Vayaliparambil Pynadath ) BPM
            > BIBU PHILIP MATTHEW M
            > B.E.(CSE)
            >
            > 32/1981; NETAJI ROAD
            > COCHIN-682 024
            > SOUTH INDIA
            >
            > email:bibuphilipmathew@...
            > :hellobibu@...
            >
            > NB:Mail checked once in a month by guarantee.

            http://greetings.yahoo.com
          • V Thomas
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 15, 2002
              Bravo!
              It was very good. You have condensed the whole history nicely.
              Ending quoation was fantastic. Devil is running around to have a big crowd
              in the association meting.
              Natuaaly they will make sure the crowd is big by hook or crook.
              vmt