LORDS PRAYER 4

  • MONSY JACOB
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8 10:57 AM
      4- NEHW’-WE’ SEB-YO-NOKH; AY-KA-NO DBASH-MAYO OF
      BAR-O’ Thy
      will be done on earth as it is in Heaven

      When the will of God becomes the want of the believer,  the will of God is done on earth. , If any man will come after me, let him deny
      himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.(Luke 9:23)  I have to deny myself and take my cross every
      day.  Doesn’t taking my cross mean my
      death on the cross and my resurrection with Jesus; if I am following the resurrected
      Jesus.  Are we dead?  When we stand in front of a dead and talk bad
      things about him or good things about him, will he change his composure or
      attitude towards us? This is the fruit of complete surrender of our self to the sovereignty
      of God. St. Paul says, “For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain”. (Phil
      1:21). "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live,
      but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by
      faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.(Gal 2:20)

      St. Ignatius was sentenced to be thrown to the lions in the Roman arena. To
      carry out the order he was taken from Antioch in a ship to Rome in chains by
      soldiers. On his way to Rome he wrote “The letter to the Romans, in which he
      wrote “Allow me to become food for the wild beasts, through whose
      instrumentality it will be granted me to attain to God. I am the wheat of God,
      and let me be ground by the teeth of the wild beasts, that I may be found the
      pure bread of Christ.

      When Muthampakal kochu kunju upadeshi returned home after preaching gospel in a
      convention, he found his little boy Samuel dead. Looking at his dead son,
      filled with the Holy Spirit he sang:
      “Dukhathinte Pana Pathram
      Karthavente Kayil Thannal
      Santhoshuthodu Vangy
      Halleluyaly padidum njan”

      “If my Lord gives me the cup of sorrow, I will gladly receive it and sing
      Hallelujah”

      What about me?

      I want God to carry out my will in my desired time. I give God my orders based
      on my ideas regarding my wants in a more manipulative way.

      1. I swear that if I get a good profit in the next transaction in business I
      will give a few cents to the church. I will pay for a couple of Qurbanas.
      2. I will cry melodramatically like a film actor before God to get my orders
      carried out by God.
      3. I will recite some Bible verses to make my requests more appealing (as if
      God does not know Bible).
      4. I will make sure that I am worldly and spiritually more favored than my
      neighbors. eg; When I pray for the healing of someone who is sick, everyone
      should know that the sick was healed only because of my prayers.

      We all know that God gave us our body. When our body breaks down due to
      sickness, do we tell the manufacturer God, you gave me this body? You are with
      me and within me. Do what you want to do with it Lord?

      “If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most
      pitiable” (1st Corinthians 15:19)
      What is God’s will in heaven?

      His will is that the heavenly hosts worship Him and Him only. So we say;
      “Praise, glory, exaltation, and adoration at all times and hours unceasingly”.

      “Studhiyum sthothravum prabhayum pukazhchayum manjupokatha nalla unnathiyum
      edavidathe karettuvan ngangale yogyarakename”

      . God’s will is that we are all saved through the blood of His only begotten
      Son. God’s will is that we worship God in our free will. Our
      church fathers prayed for the will of God to happen in their personal
      lives.  In modern Christianity we pray
      for our own wills and pleasures to happen.  The story of Hezekiah who even had prophet Isaiah at his side is
      noteworthy (2 Kings 20).  Hezekiah fall
      sick and was on his death bed.  He wanted
      to live longer.  He got a 15 years
      extension.  During this period he beget a
      son Manasseh who became the most wicked of all kings.
      Dn. Monsy Manimalethu Jacob