Re: Our Prayers.- Discarding of Nee, Ninte etc from our Prayers

  • Mathai P.E.
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 10, 2013
      Dear all,

      I am not for an argument. Nee is a respectful  word in Tamil so also 'YOU' in English. But in Malayalam it is not. Will you  call your father nee? But in Tamil they call nee and in English they call you. Since we are using it in our prayers for years we are not finding it as objectionable. In the olden days Malayalam was under the influence of Chenthamil. Hence this usage has found a position in our prayers. The primitive man might have used primitive languages. But it has to be changed according to the changes. We have changed lot of things in the churches .Electric lights replaced candles. Fans introduced in churches. In some of the churches we are using ACs. I remember an Achen in our church refused to use mike on Sundays. Is there any church which is not using mike now?
      Changes may not be accepted by some people easily ; but  if it is for good  and if it is not affecting our tradition we should opt for it.

      P.E.Mathai.