Re: LORDS PRAYER -2

  • Vatachal Thomas John
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 11 9:54 AM
      I submit that the English words HALLOWED BE  may not be sufficient to convey the meaning of the  Syriac word NETHQADAAS  just as Hail Mary vis-a-vis SLOM LEK MARYAM. The Good News Bible has discarded HAIL and put it as PEACE BE WITH YOU.

      I have the story of two I A S officers. They met with at an airport waiting hall  The  senior officer was coming out of the toilet and the other was about to enter the toilet ."I will wait for you"said the senior.When the junior came out of the toilet, the senior asked him " Have you, inside the toilet done  anything which will cause the glorifiction of the name of God by the next man using using the toilet  ? "  The junior was dumbfounded and after some time he pleaded with the senior to explain what he meant.

      The senior explained as follows

              If and when a person in a public place  wants to relieve himself he will have to look for a nearby       public toilet . When he finds one, he will mutter to himself: DAM IT ! I will womit my last meal if I go inside that HELL !!  When he enters the toilet if he finds the toilet clean and tidy, he will exclaim  GLORY TO MY LORD AND GOD ! IT IS CLEAN AND TIDY !!  He will use the toilet and then he by the urge of his conscience clean the toilet restoring its cleanliness. If this cleaning continues as an unbroken chain reaction every one entering the toilet will glorify the Lord unknowingly.

      The junior immediately went back into the toilet and came out with GLEAMING FACE and the senior received him with a TWINKLE in his eyes

      I think I need not explain it further.   Let us pray NETHQADAAS SMOK. and ensure that whatever we do will made others glorify God.

      V T Joyn  ID 3085