LORDS PRAYER -3

  • MONSY JACOB
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2013
      3.TI-THEI MALKOU’-THOK / Thy kingdom come

      The kingdom of God indicates God’s kingship, sovereignty or rule acknowledged
      in the hearts and operative in the lives of his people through the Holy Spirit,
      affecting their total salvation. In the kingdom, all spiritual and material
      blessings are from God and man is accountable for what he is in possession,
      because everything belongs to the King. Gandhi said there is no right without
      responsibility. So our rights over what we have will hold us accountable to the
      way we used it. The needy, material/spiritual is our responsibility. Judaism
      teaches the same principle.

      Because of the death of Jesus on the cross, almighty Father sent us the comforting
      and guiding Holy Spirit. The operation of the Holy Spirit in our hearts brings
      us to the environment of God’s Kingdom; “Not by might nor by power, but by the
      spirit,’ says the Lord of hosts (Zach 4:6)

      Our Lord said, “For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you” (Luke 17:21), yet
      it is still absent from many hearts.

      The transforming grace and power of God is required to change the boasting of a
      man from “my kingdom come” to surrendering to the authority of God and His
      Kingdom. The claim of a man that :-

      1) By my prayer and fasting and knowledge of the Bible; I am closer to God than
      others.
      2) By sharing of my riches and helping hands I am spiritually better off.
      3) By the respect I am getting because of my polite behavior, I am better off.
      4) By my hard work I have all these riches.

      All the above garments and veils show that we are in our own kingdom.

      The sovereignty of God and complete surrender of our self is the essence of all
      our prayers and supplications which can be put in one sentence prayer; “I am a
      wretched sinner, have mercy on me Lord” (karthave mahapapiyaya ennodu karuna
      thonnename)