The Malankara World Journal Issue 156 - Theme: Kingdom of God

  • Jacob Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2013
      The Malankara World Journal Issue 156 - Theme: Kingdom of God - (August
      8, 2013) is available online at:

      *TABLE OF CONTENTS Issue No: 156*
      *Theme: Kingdom of God*

      1. Bible Readings for This Sunday (August 11)

      Bible Readings For The First Sunday after the Festival of Transfiguration
      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/Lectionary/Lec_1st-sun-after-transfiguration.htm

      2. Sermons for This Sunday (August 11)

      Sermons for the First Sunday After Transfiguration
      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/Sermons/Sermon-of-the-week_1st-sunday-after-transfiguration.htm

      3. Church Calendar

      4. Featured: Understanding the Kingdom

      When God comes first, all of life is different. Our foundations for
      living are rock solid, our relationships are cemented with the love of
      God and our destiny is forever intertwined with that of Jesus Christ! ...

      The kingdom of heaven is where God reigns. God is in charge. That means
      no one else is reigning or in charge. And if we look seriously at how
      human beings have done while reigning and being in charge - we may break
      into worship about this truth! ...

      5. What is the Kingdom Like?

      To what would you compare the Kingdom of Heaven? It is like finding the
      technology stock you bought in the 1980s for $50 and suddenly realizing
      you are a millionaire. It is like the owner of DeBeers finally finding
      the perfect diamond and selling a billion dollar empire to have it. It
      is like the harassed physician tired of the HMOs, selling home and BMW
      and finding bliss in a mission in Congo. It is like the crack addict
      waking up with a clear head and is free to choose a new life. ...

      6. Parable of the Lamp: A Commentary and Meditation

      There is great freedom and joy for those who live in God's light and who
      seek this truth. Those who listen to God and heed his voice will receive
      more from him. Do you know the joy and freedom of living in God's light? ...

      7. Kingdoms in Conflict

      "Your kingdom come" is not a passive prayer. If you ever decide to make
      the kingdom of God the first priority in your life, you may not become a
      missionary, but you will become fundamentally different from the world
      around you. ...

      8. Wanted

      A time like this demands
      Strong minds, great hearts, true faith and ready hands. ...

      9. Pastoral Prayer

      Give us eyes of faith to see beyond the dark horizon of this present
      darkness into the light of a new day. Open our spirits more fully to the
      joy that lies beyond the trial, in the courts of your eternal love. ...

      10. Health: Physicians Share Tips To Prevent And Correct Signs of Aging

      "Increasingly, both men and women have anxiety about looking older, but
      the good news is that science has developed natural tools to help us
      look younger longer," say Drs. Rick and Arlene Noodleman, the
      husband-and-wife physician team at Silicon Valley's Age Defying
      Dermatology. ...

      11. Family Special: Help for a Shaky Marriage

      The psalmist tells us that through all of the turbulence, God is with
      us. God is our refuge and strength when problems shake our world. He has
      such awesome power that the world actually melts at the sound of his
      voice. God is in control and will be exalted. ...

      12. World Leaders Should Unite to End Anti-Christian Persecution,
      Vladimir Putin Says

      Vladimir Putin has urged the world's political leaders to stop the
      violent persecutions against Christians that have erupted in many Middle
      Eastern countries. ...

      13. How to Deal with People Who are Jealous of Your Success

      My advice is to gently separate yourself from those jealous, negative
      people and have as little to do with them as possible. The fact is they
      will drag you down into the muck and mire of their negative attitude,
      and as an entrepreneur, you just don't need that. I also avoid doing
      things that will trigger jealousy in others, such as making ostentatious
      purchases. ...

      14. About Malankara World

      ========================

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World
      Journal online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      Dr. Jacob Mathew