Re: Our Prayers.- Discarding of Nee, Ninte etc from our Prayers

  • Vatachal Thomas John
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5 11:32 AM
      Some of our priests have stated sustituting Angu, Angayute etc for Nee, Ninte etc. In a sentence if there are two "Nee" kal one will be changed as Angu leaving the other Nee, as it is, which is a wrong practice.

      For.Qaddeesaath (Qadeeso + Aath) Aloho the translation is  Davame---- Nee Parisudhan. We add Aakunnu. even though it is not there in Syriac.and we say, Daivame--- Nee Parisudhan Aakunnu. If we  change it as Daivame---- Angu Parisudhan Aakunnu, what could be done with regard to Parisudhan in which AVAN is inseparable.( Parisudhi Ulla Avan) ? Can we say  Daivame---Angu Parisudhi Ulla Angu Aakunnu which is not advisable.?

      So my humble view is to leave it as it is. It is enough if we  do not call God with the address "Edaa" which is the lowest form as Thoo, Thum and Aap in Hindi

      V T John
       ID 3085
    • Mathai P.E.
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 6 5:49 AM
        My humble suggestion is that let a committee  constituted for the purpose examine it and let them suggest the changes to a high power committee of the Bishops and finally the changes may be adopted. It is quite awkward  to use the primitive Malayalam language for our prayers even now. We need to think about some  of the  changes with out affecting our tradition and belief.

        One of the changes we shall look at is the seating arrangement in our churches. Now how many of us can sit on the floor comfortably while attending the Mass on Sundays. Providing a bench or a chair in the church is not a luxury now. This will only add more participation. Earlier we where a church confined to Kerala and Syria. Now it has changed. we have presence every where in the world. These are some of the things we shall actively discuss and decide.

        P.E.Mathai