Malankara World Journal Issue 154 Theme: Evangelism/Discipleship, Christians in Syria

  • Jacob Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2013

      The Malankara World Journal Issue 154 Theme: Evangelism/Discipleship, Christians in Syria (August 1, 2013) is available online at:

      TABLE OF CONTENTS Issue No: 154
      Theme: Evangelism/Discipleship, Christians in Syria

      1. Bible Readings for This Sunday (August 4)

      Eleventh Sunday after Pentecost
      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/Lectionary/Lec_11th_sunday-after-pentecost.htm

      2. Sermons for This Sunday (August 4)

      Sermons for the Eleventh Sunday After Pentecost
      http://www.Malankaraworld.com/Library/Sermons/Sermon-of-the-week_11th-sunday-after-Pentecost.htm

      3. Inspiration for Today

      4. Pope Francis: "Go, Do not be Afraid, and Serve"

      "Go, do not be afraid, and serve" - If you follow these three ideas - Pope Francis exhorted - you will experience the joy of faith. So: "go home and do not be afraid to be generous with Christ. He is counting on you! The Church is counting on you!" ...

      5. "God's Biggest Problem"

      Jesus left the splendor of heaven for the dreariness of the world. He came to where the harvest was and carefully and lovingly reaped the harvest. Then he said to his closest followers, "As the Father has sent me, so send I you!" [John 20:21]
      May God give us eyes to see the harvest, a heart to care for the harvest, and a willingness to go into the harvest! ...

      6. The Original Recipe: The Harvest is Ripe

      The first disciples were to carry a simple message: The kingdom of God is at hand. God is real; God is present; God is near to us, in us, around us, alive and powerful. There weren't sixty-six books in the Bible to memorize; nor a long doctrinal confession of faith to be recited. Their original message was very simple: the power and presence of God is alive, near and around you and in you...  These first disciples had a simple message, a simple method to go to those who were hurting, and they had a simple but crucial attitude: compassion for those whose lives were messed up with pain. ...

      7. Poem: A Melody of Grace by Dr. Mercy Abraham

      Gods Grace is flowing like a spring of joy in my heart
      It is like a music sublime with its chords of harmony and rhythm
      It is so pleasant to think about, Your love and faithfulness,
      O Lord my God. ...

      8. One Hundred Days to the Abduction of Orthodox Metropolitans

      The kidnapping of the two Metropolitan Archbishops of Aleppo - Mor Gregorios Yuhanna Ibrahim of the Syriac Orthodox Church of Antioch, and Paul Yazigi of the Greek Orthodox Church of Antioch - is entering into the hundredth day. ...

      9. The Arab Springtime is a Nightmare for Syrian Christians

      Today, after two years of "Arab Spring" rebellion, the 2,000-year-old community of Assyrian Christians - some of whom still pray in Jesus' Aramaic tongue - is facing extinction, and the international media is complicit. ...

      10. Putin Concerned About Violation of Rights of Orthodox Christians in Mideast, N. Africa

      Russian President Vladimir Putin has expressed his concerns about what he sees as infringement on the rights of religious minorities, particularly Orthodox Christians, in the conflicts in the Middle East and Northern Africa. ...

      11. Health: The Long-term Safety of Statins: Who to Believe

      Statins are widely used to prolong survival and reduce occurrence of coronary and cerebrovascular events in patients with and without cardiovascular disease. Numerous studies have demonstrated the effectiveness of statins for the primary and secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease with consistent benefits across all subgroups. ...

      12. Recipe: 5 Recipes that Prove Healthy is the New Delicious

      Holistic Chef Provides Foolproof Recipes for Taste & Nutrition. With adventurous food tastes and concerns ranging from personal health to ethical agriculture and livestock practices, more people are exploring alternative diets. ...

      13. Family Special: Staying Strong During Difficult Times

      These are stressful times we live in. But that doesn't mean we have to fall apart as a result. Everywhere I turn I hear of women who have experienced unimaginable heartaches, marriages that are in crisis, families that are financially strapped, and people struggling with cancer and disease.
      Stress - whether it be personal, emotional, relational, financial, or medical - takes its toll on us in many ways. ...

      14. About Malankara World

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World Journal online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      Dr. Jacob Mathew
      Malankara World