Re: Vestments of Arch-Episcopa

  • Varkey T.A.
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 30, 2013
      Dear Leena,

      I am quite sure that your answer to Fr. John Kunjukunju will not satisfy him!!! As in the malayalam adage, "Urangunnavane Unartham, ennal urakkam nadikkunnavane unarthan pattilla"!!  Fr. John Kunjukunju WAS a Jacobite priest, who cross-jumped to "IOC" seeking its green pastures, along with the Niclovas Thirumeni of American Diocese.  He is always having issues with our Catholicos and raising this vestment of 'Arch-Episcopa' as an issue now after your article, only to ridicule Jacobite Church (as he always do), and will give historical reasons to convince everybody that SOC in Middle East never had this position or vestments!!!!! You can see his rebuttals in the near future.

      Regards

      Varkey Titus
      ID # 1025

    • Leena
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31, 2013
        Dear Mr. Varkey Titus,

        Thank you for your post.

        How can he tell the historical reasons that SOC in Middle East never had this position or vestments to convince our faithful. It is not given by our Catholicos. It is given by our Patriarch from Middle East. It was not given to anybody because Our Patriarchs couldn't find a priest who is eligible for this title before. Now Our Bava found one who is worthy for that position.

        With prayers,
        Leena.

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, "Varkey T.A." <takunjunju@...> wrote:

        > Dear Leena,
        >
        > I am quite sure that your answer to Fr. John Kunjukunju will not satisfy him!!! As in the malayalam adage, "Urangunnavane Unartham, ennal urakkam nadikkunnavane unarthan pattilla"!!
      • Babu Varughese
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 31, 2013
          Dear All,
          Just ignore the gestures and tricky and mocking questions of those who want to belittle the Church. Church is here and has been in this temporal world in all these centuries and will be here in coming centuries also as God guides it. It is the Church who decided the various priestly positions and vestments. These dress codes and positions are not purely of the Holy Apostles but developed from them. But, these are come into this form through all these Centuries in the guidance of Holy Spirit. Here, Holy Spirit works here through Holy Fathers.  Moran is an Apostle. Other Metropolitans too are Apostles. If Moran or Aboon Cathlicose or the Holy Synod decides something, it is just like the decision of Saint Peter or the Jerusalem Synod. That is the decision of the Church too. And, it is by the Holy Spirit. Only enemies and people with bad spirit will ridicule it. Decorating Very Rev Malankara Malpan with Arch Cor-Episcofo is 1000% right in God. So, in the name of God, do not become yourself a man who has got himself placed with the group of those who fell into darkness.
          Kindly note, a former Konattu Malpan was decorated with the Mudithoppy of Metran decades ago in  order to get him support Metran against the Holy Patriarch. Certain Cor-Episcofo in the other faction decorated with Amasavady and Sleeba. I still do remember his photo came printed in Malayala Manorama years ago. He belonged to TVM, and had more than one Doctorate. I forgot details.
          God Bless
          Fr. Geevarughese Pathinalparayil
          Kottayam Diocese