Malankara World Journal Issue 151 Theme: Christian Life

  • Jacob Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2013
      The Malankara World Journal Issue 151 Theme: Christian Life (July 11, 2013) is available online at:

      TABLE OF CONTENTS Issue No: 151
      Theme: Christian Life

      1. Bible Readings for This Sunday (July 14)

      Eighth Sunday after Pentecost
      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/Lectionary/Lec_8th_sunday-after-pentecost.htm

      2. Sermons for This Sunday (July 14)

      Sermons for Eighth Sunday After Pentecost
      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/Sermons/Sermon-of-the-week_8th-sunday-after-Pentecost.htm

      3. Inspiration for Today: Keep Your Eyes on Jesus

      If you feel overwhelmed with life, take a moment and set your eyes on Jesus. Ask Him to help you believe His promise to never leave you nor forsake you (Hebrews 13:5). Ask Him to help you believe that He has a future and a hope for you. (Jeremiah 29:11) Ask Jesus to fill you with His peace that He promised to leave with you (John 14:27). ...

      4. Pope Francis: Commandments Aren't Fashionable, But Are Hymn to Love

      "True liberty," said pope Francis, "is not to follow our egoism, our blind passions, but to love, to choose what is good in every situation. The Ten Commandments are not a hymn to 'no,' but to 'yes.' A 'yes' to God, a 'yes' to Love, and because I say 'yes' to Love, I say 'no' to non-Love, but the 'no' is a consequence of that 'yes' that comes from God and makes us love." ...

      5. How to Use the Psalms to Deepen Your Relationship with God

      When you want to deepen your relationship with God, you need to move beyond simply knowing about Him and seek personal encounters with Him. The Bible's Psalms can help you do that. The Psalms are full of honest expressions of what it means to relate to God. They describe faith in action while dealing with the tension between this fallen world's realities and the hope God offers you....

      6. The Danger of Character Studies

      The individual characters in the Bible don't show up because anything about them was particularly significant. In fact, most were chosen because they were insignificant. Significance is reserved for Jesus...

      7. 'I am the change': Being Salt and Light

      Does God care about what we do from Monday to Saturday? Or is he interested only on what we do on Sunday mornings? We can be like Dr. Jekyll on Sunday mornings and Mr. Hyde on the weekdays and make no bones about it. How is this possible? How is it that our spiritual faith cannot influence our behavior outside the four walls of the church? ...

      8. Seek and You Will Find

      Are you thirsty, or complacent and indifferent - so satisfied with your own experience that you want nothing more of God? Experience is a doorway, not a final goal. Beware of building your faith on experience, or your life will not ring true and will only sound the note of a critical spirit. Remember that you can never give another person what you have found, but you can cause him to have a desire for it. ...

      9. When Fear Paralyzes Your Faith

      Let's ask God to show us fears that paralyze our faith and keep us from living confidently in His peace and freedom. And then let's give God a chance to come though for us as we courageously walk through our fears, holding God's hand and trusting His heart to lead, protect, and preserve us each step of the way. ..

      10. Health: When Fear Pushes You, Push Back!

      "Most people have no idea of what they're capable of; I think they're almost trained by fear to not attempt the amazing things they dream of. But I'm living proof - if you can overcome fear, you can overcome almost anything," says Jay Platt. ...

      11. Recipe: Fish Tacos

      This is fast and easy to make and delicious on your taste-buds.

      12. Family Special: Help for a Shaky Marriage

      The psalmist tells us that through all of the turbulence, God is with us. God is our refuge and strength when problems shake our world. He has such awesome power that the world actually melts at the sound of his voice. God is in control and will be exalted. ...

      13. Family Special: Unconventional Things to Save Your Marriage

      Talking about the problems in a marriage doesn't resolve them; it makes them worse. It leads to arguments and bad will. Besides, you'll never talk yourself out of a problem that you behaved yourself into. Marriages change because people change. Say little; do much. Speak in the vocabulary of your actions. New choices resolve marital problems; discussion don't. ...

      14. About Malankara World

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World Journal online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      Dr. Jacob Mathew
      Malankara World