Malankara World Journal Issue 150 - Theme: Independence Day - (July 4, 2013)

  • Jacob Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2013
      The Malankara World Journal Issue 150 - Theme: Independence Day - (July
      4, 2013) is available online at:

      *TABLE OF CONTENTS Issue No: 150*
      *Theme: Independence Day*

      1. Important Notice

      2. Bible Readings for This Sunday (July 7)

      Seventh Sunday after Pentecost
      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/Lectionary/Lec_7th_sunday-after-pentecost.htm

      3. Sermons for This Sunday (July 7)

      Sermons for Seventh Sunday After Pentecost
      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/Sermons/Sermon-of-the-week_7th-sunday-after-Pentecost.htm

      4. Inspiration for Today: Love Is To Be Experienced

      5. St. Thomas, the Disciple

      St. Thomas, one among the twelve disciples of Jesus Christ, was a Jew.
      He was probably from Galeele. Thomas in Armaic Syriac is known as Teoma
      and in Greek Didymus. The meaning of these words is twin. The name
      "twin" was called because of his twin brother Adai who later was the
      Episcopo of Edessa. Thomas was most probably a carpenter. ...

      6. Independence... Is It Really a Good Thing?

      In a day and age when independence is praised, I wonder if it's really a
      good thing when it comes to our relationship with God. ...

      7. Celebrating the Priceless Gift of Freedom

      Anyone who has experienced horrific persecution for their personal
      beliefs has a deep awareness of the unmistakable value of freedom. The
      men and women who founded this country were themselves victims of
      persecution, and fought to preserve freedom at any cost. The liberty
      they sought meant freedom to have faith, to lose it, to change it. ...

      8. Let Freedom Ring

      I will never think about worship the same again. I've been too casual
      about it, too laid-back, taken it too much for granted. These people
      know what it's about - really about - and because of that, they have
      been willing, and would be willing again, to suffer for it. To be
      imprisoned for it. To die for it. Because they've discovered that it
      holds that high of a yield for their life. It has that much meaning and
      payoff and significance. It matters that much. ...

      9. America: There is Hope

      God is not impressed with our outward displays of devotion without
      inward commitment. God is not impressed when we hand Him our crumbs with
      no sacrifice. God is not impressed with how high we can jump for Jesus.
      He wants to see how straight we walk once we land. ...

      10. One of the Greatest Americans of All Time

      Grant's early life was marked by failure, shame and disappointment. Yet
      he rose to become the most famous and respected man in the nation. Grant
      won the Civil War and saved the Union, concluding it on a note of grace.
      His two terms as President were marked by peace abroad and
      reconciliation at home. He helped heal the nation's wounds and saved his
      family from financial ruin by writing a brilliant, landmark memoir, one
      of the most successful books in American literature, while dying and
      wracked with pain. ...

      11. Meditation - The Secret to Remaining at Peace

      Have you ever looked at the stars at night and been utterly amazed by
      the infinite spaciousness of this Universe? Just as you notice the vast
      expansiveness of your outer world, this same spaciousness exists in your
      inner world. This inner spaciousness is where you can finally rest and
      find inner peace. ...

      12. Recipe: Summer Cranberry Spritzer

      Bring on the heat with this refreshing cranberry beverage. It's sure to
      cool you off.

      13. Family: When Our Relationships Are Challenged

      I listened as the hurting man wept, and I thought of Job, around whom
      unseen and unjust powers had swirled. Job was bewildered. So was this
      misunderstood husband. Neither man understood why bad things were
      happening. Each faced a murky future in an iffy marriage. ...

      14. Family: The Big Result of a Little Independence

      Most of us can't imagine how we would ever get to the point of entering
      into a sexual relationship outside our marriage. And yet adultery
      happens all the time, almost as often with Christians as with
      non-believers. And it usually begins with little acts of unfaithfulness
      that build gradually into bigger ones until suddenly one day we realize
      we're up to our necks in a full-blown affair....

      15. About Malankara World

      ========================

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World
      Journal online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      Dr. Jacob Mathew